When designer Chris Benz told lead hairstylist Nick Irwin, TIGI creative director, his ideas for the hair for his spring 2013 collection, which included references to Japanese school girls, zombies and singer Tiny Tim, Irwin knew he had to get creative. The result was a whimsical pretty but slightly dark hair look that merged a [...]
This season Chriz Benz delivered his signature color-and-texture extravaganza. Full skirts pumped up with ample pleats and layers of tulle, cropped jackets either in fur or fuzzy wool and the ever-present bold prints made a definitive statement, but
At the Chris Benz show, the collection was part 1960′s lady and part trashy glam. Bold colors and chic prints were front and center, but backstage Nick Irwin and DJ Riggs, lead stylists for TIGI, ruled, drawing inspiration for hairstyles from the And
The inspiration for Chris Benz’s fall 2011 show was ghosts of Savannah, so haunting hair and makeup ruled the runway. John Ruidant for Redken created wispy, “witchy” waves using a curling iron and some back-combing. “The main thing is getting textur
Victoria Beckham’s fall 2011 presentation was held at an opulent brownstone on Manhattan’s Upper East Side — the same space featured in the first Sex and the City movie as Carrie and Big’s dream apartment. In contrast to the rich setting an
French ’60s pop singer France Gall provided the inspiration for the beauty looks at the Chris Benz show. Lead stylist for Redken John Ruidant interpreted that as a girl riding through Paris on the back of a motorcycle. He gave the hair a deep ’60s si
Follow @AmericanSalon on Twitter
- Donate to PBA’s Issue Advocacy Fund For A Chance To Win A Samsung Galaxy Note! June 19, 2013
- Ouidad Names Scott Hauser VP of Sales & Education June 18, 2013
- Charlie Le Mindu African Remix Collection June 18, 2013
- Mirabella Beauty Launches into Gene Juarez Salons and Spas June 18, 2013
- NYC Makeover Event Features New José Eber Styling Tools June 17, 2013
- Jazz: Nicole you are Amazing!...
- Geoffrey Williams: Hi I know I'm kind of late, but congradulations t...
- The Shop: These mannequins are much better than the standard...
- Kristina Bianca: This is going to be great!!! Nicole has been inspi...
- Jennifer Cross: After 20 years in the industry, and having attende...