For Kimberly Ovitz’s Fall 2013 collection, filled with colorful prints and inspired by “animals and insects with defense mechanisms,” the hair and makeup look followed suit with strong elements. “Think of a squid when it’s attacked,” said Antoinette Beenders, lead stylist and Aveda global creative director. To create the look, Beenders parted hair down the [...]
It was all about Nomads for the Spring 2013 Kimberly Ovitz show at Pier 57, my first show as a part of the Spring 2013 Season for Mercedes Benz Fashion Week. The shows lead make up artist Gina Betelli for M.A.C. Cosmetics said the Spring 2013 Kimb
Backstage at the Kimberly Ovitz show, Eric Gomez, lead hairstylist for TIGI styled every girl with a look that was as individual as the clothing that they wore. The show was inspired by intelligent, independent women who embodied a warrior like sense
Follow @AmericanSalon on Twitter
- Help Beauty Pros Recover from Tornadoes with PBA Disaster Relief Fund Donations May 21, 2013
- Join the Movement to Educate Clients, Protect Licensing May 16, 2013
- Get the Look: Red Carpet Punk for Met Gala May 14, 2013
- Get the Look: Capri from L’Oréal Professionel’s 2013 Highlights and Balayage Collection May 13, 2013
- Millennium Software and Transworld Systems Announce Joint Offering May 13, 2013
- Jazz: Nicole you are Amazing!...
- Geoffrey Williams: Hi I know I'm kind of late, but congradulations t...
- The Shop: These mannequins are much better than the standard...
- Kristina Bianca: This is going to be great!!! Nicole has been inspi...
- Jennifer Cross: After 20 years in the industry, and having attende...