This fall, beauty product distributor Emiliani Enterprises held its two-day 2012 Emiliani Beauty Expo at the New Jersey Convention and Exposition Center in Edison, NJ. The event included Runway V, a special opening night tribute honoring legendary hairdresser Vidal Sassoon hosted by stylist and reality television personality Sharie Manon. The tribute featured inspirational speeches from [...]
On Sunday, December 9, in New York City, the salon industry is coming together for “Hairdressers Helping Hairdressers,” an industry event featuring a hair show and silent auction to raise awareness and money for hairdressers impacted by Hurricane San
Ashley Hafoka recently joined Zotos as territory manager in northern California for the exclusive division (Joico). Hafoka comes to Zotos with a background in education, distributor support and sales. Prior to this position, Hafoka supported Joico as
Joico salons’ Beauty for a Cure in-salon initiatives raised over $50,000 for breast cancer awareness programs during Breast Cancer Awareness Month in October. Activities ranged from cut-a-thons to a celebrity-filled event at Gavert Atelier Salon in B
With a combination of various Breast Cancer Awareness fundraisers in October, Zotos raised more than $10,000, which will be donated to the City of Hope and allocated to help support 2012’s Spirit of Life Award recipient, George Schaeffer. Zotos
Boston Fashion Week has arrived and Joico celebrity colorist George Papanikolas has teamed up with the award winning Maxine Salon in Hingham, MA for a series of glamorous events. On September 28 the salon will style Boston Fashion Week’s top 10 mod
Product: Joico Beauty for a Cure Pink Tool Kit Website: joico.com/beauty-for-a-cure Joico’s BCA limited edition K-PAK Quadraion Pro-Dryer, JoiMist Firm/JoiWhip Duos and the first ever Joico/Shiseido Glimmer of Hope gift set support Beauty for a
Joico Senior Vice President and General Manager Sara Jones is being presented with the Spirit of Life award at the City of Hope reception at Cosmoprof North America later this month in Las Vegas, and to celebrate this important honor, the company is
In “Through the Years,” (American Salon, April 2011), I chatted with experts about ways to help hair and skin defy the hands of time. Here is some additional information about the products featured on pages 84 and 85: FOR CLIENTS IN THEIR 20s:
Students and instructors at Kohler Academy in Scottsdale, AZ, attended a special seminar by visiting Joico International Artistic Director Damien Carney. The presentation featured two haircut demonstrations—one focused on foundational skill and
Follow @AmericanSalon on Twitter
- Oribe’s La Fama in Miami; June 9-10 May 23, 2013
- Halo Salon & Day Spa’s Hair Show to Benefit HartSong Ranch Animal Sanctuary May 23, 2013
- Help Beauty Pros Recover from Tornadoes with PBA Disaster Relief Fund Donations May 21, 2013
- Join the Movement to Educate Clients, Protect Licensing May 16, 2013
- Get the Look: Red Carpet Punk for Met Gala May 14, 2013
- Jazz: Nicole you are Amazing!...
- Geoffrey Williams: Hi I know I'm kind of late, but congradulations t...
- The Shop: These mannequins are much better than the standard...
- Kristina Bianca: This is going to be great!!! Nicole has been inspi...
- Jennifer Cross: After 20 years in the industry, and having attende...