The theme behind the Ports 1961 show held in the New York Public Library this morning was modern sensuality. The clothes matched the understated elegance of the venue, playing on interesting textures and color blocking. Hair, makeup and nails were each downplayed to counterbalance the decadence of the collection. Each model wore a turtleneck, with [...]
The Marc Jacobs fall 2012 runway show created a mood that combined Victorian fairytale with cartoonish fun. The mad hatter fashion extravaganza mixed charm, innocence and enchantment as François Nars, founder of NARS Cosmetics said, “only Marc can
American Salon/Redken Runway Reinvention contest-winner Liubov Rachmanina won a trip to New York City to have dinner with the American Salon editorial team, shop at Redken’s 5th Avenue store and meet Redken Creative Consultant Guido for breakfast. He
The results are in for the winners of the Redken/American Salon Runway Reinvention Contest! Contestants were asked to use Redken products to recreate the ‘6os-inspired French pleat Redken Creative Consultant Guido styled for the fall 2011 Bottega
The beauty look at Marc by Marc Jacobs was clean and simple to complement the bold colors of the spring collection. When Creative consultant for Redken Guido met with Jacobs to discuss the hair, the designer pointed to the various ponytails the hairs
The simple, modern ponytails fastened with barrettes seen at Ports 1961 were the work of Guido, creative consultant at Redken. I caught up with him backstage at the NY Public Library, an aptly elegant setting for the show. “Ports has become very cl
For Victoria Beckham’s spring show at the New York Public Library’s Astor Hall, Redken Creative Consultant Guido designed a hairstyle to identify an independent, sophisticated woman, or as he put it, Catherine Deneuve with added masculinity. “The
At the Spring 2012 Alexander Wang fashion show, Guido, the lead hairstylist for Redken, gave hair a “very downtown look” to complement Wang’s urban fashion. Redken 07 Full Frame Mousse took center stage as he applied an abundance of it to the h
Natural, effortless, beauty was the theme at the Spring 2012 Rag & Bone fashion show. Guido, the lead hairstylist for Redken, wanted to create his own version of the “mid-nineties British rave culture” with simple yet glamorous styles.
Vogue and CFDA’s third annual Fashion’s Night Out (FNO) was a huge success, bringing freebies, makeovers, music and celebrities to excited shoppers in New York City last night. Companies like Redken, Sebastian Professional and Essie beautified gues
Follow @AmericanSalon on Twitter
- Ouidad Names Scott Hauser VP of Sales & Education June 18, 2013
- Charlie Le Mindu African Remix Collection June 18, 2013
- Mirabella Beauty Launches into Gene Juarez Salons and Spas June 18, 2013
- NYC Makeover Event Features New José Eber Styling Tools June 17, 2013
- Get the Look: Summer’s Hottest Hair Trends From Macadamia Natural Oil Global Artist Nathan Cheli June 13, 2013
- Jazz: Nicole you are Amazing!...
- Geoffrey Williams: Hi I know I'm kind of late, but congradulations t...
- The Shop: These mannequins are much better than the standard...
- Kristina Bianca: This is going to be great!!! Nicole has been inspi...
- Jennifer Cross: After 20 years in the industry, and having attende...