The show was Marc Jacobs and the look was Joan Jett meets Marianne Faithfull meets punk rock chic— with the help of Redken Creative Consultant Guido and Francois Nars, founder and creative director of Nars Cosmetics, the look was achieved. Shown in a sepia-toned circular runway, the girls rocked wigs that Guido and his team [...]
The Marc Jacobs fall 2012 runway show created a mood that combined Victorian fairytale with cartoonish fun. The mad hatter fashion extravaganza mixed charm, innocence and enchantment as François Nars, founder of NARS Cosmetics said, “only Marc can
According to Guido, creative consultant for Redken, Marc Jacobs’ spring 2011 features a sort of “twisted sophistication.” To complement that, Guido created a high horse-like ponytail that he described as “almost dominatrix-inspired” and “so perfe
To say there was a buzz backstage at Marc Jacobs before his show at the Armory last night would be a huge understatement. One of the hottest tickets during fashion week, Marc Jacobs is always madness backstage, with hair, makeup and nail teams racing
Last night I braved the crowds at the New York State Armory to get a glimpse of the backstage preparations for Marc Jacobs’ fall ’10 show. I caught up first with lead hairstylist Guido, creative consultant for Redken, who told me the first thing
Follow @AmericanSalon on Twitter
- Help Beauty Pros Recover from Tornadoes with PBA Disaster Relief Fund Donations May 21, 2013
- Join the Movement to Educate Clients, Protect Licensing May 16, 2013
- Get the Look: Red Carpet Punk for Met Gala May 14, 2013
- Get the Look: Capri from L’Oréal Professionel’s 2013 Highlights and Balayage Collection May 13, 2013
- Millennium Software and Transworld Systems Announce Joint Offering May 13, 2013
- Jazz: Nicole you are Amazing!...
- Geoffrey Williams: Hi I know I'm kind of late, but congradulations t...
- The Shop: These mannequins are much better than the standard...
- Kristina Bianca: This is going to be great!!! Nicole has been inspi...
- Jennifer Cross: After 20 years in the industry, and having attende...