It might have been early, but the backstage area of Zac Posen’s Fall 2010 Collection show was a flurry of hair, nails and makeup—and plenty of coffee. of course. For hair, Odile Gilbert for L’Oreal Professionnel created a middle-parted, wavy look using products from the Texture Expert Infinium line along with the new Life Extreme [...]
Inspired by Nico of the Velvet Underground, Erin Fetherston’s Fall 2010 Collection brought together bohemian styles with rock’n'roll tailoring. Odile Gilbert for Moroccanoil followed that lead and gave all of the models long, straight hair with drama
Shown beneath the tents at Bryant Park, Herve Leger’s sophistication-meets-urban-edge Fall 2010 Collection was beautifully complemented by natural, free-flowing “undone ponytails,” styled by Bob Recine for Moroccanoil. He used one product—Luminous
When David Cruz for Phyto first viewed Elise Overland’s Fall 2010 collection, he saw it as “very strong, very powerful.” To soften the overall look, he decided to create a loose chignon-like updo. The front of the hair had a bit of height, which Cruz
To complement Karen Walker’s Fall 2010 Collection, the hair, nails and makeup were minimal. Below, watch a video of CND’s Jan Arnold describing the clean and sheer nail coloring. The hairstyle created by Rolando Beauchamp for Bumble and bumble fea
For the Cynthia Steffe show, key stylist Rolando Beauchamp for Bumble and bumble kept things simple. “I was inspired by the early ’70s,” he said, referring to the middle part with some texture he created for the runway. Stylists didn’t need to use ma
The John Patrick Organic presentation at Keen’s Steakhouse in midtown Manhattan was imbued with a romantic speakeasy vibe, which perfectly matched the designer’s understated yet glamorous aesthetic. The Aveda hair team created controlled curls that w
To complement Victor de Souza’s futuristic spring ’10 show, Mordechai, lead stylist for Phyto, created a textured updo with a flattened roll at the back of the head. “It has an androgynous feel in the front, but the back is chic and feminine,” h
Backstage at Cynthia Rowley’s spring ’10 show, lead stylist Bok-Hee for Redken told me she wanted the models hairstyles to make them look like “girls who were perfect but went renegade.” The look, a looped ponytail with rolled bangs in front, had a m
Here in Manhattan, we’re in the middle of spring ’10 Mercedes-Benz Fashion Week. I kicked off the week with a visit backstage at BCBG Max Azria, in the tents at Bryant Park. The lead stylist, Bob Recine for Phyto, was busy backstage tending to t
Follow @AmericanSalon on Twitter
- Oribe’s La Fama in Miami; June 9-10 May 23, 2013
- Halo Salon & Day Spa’s Hair Show to Benefit HartSong Ranch Animal Sanctuary May 23, 2013
- Help Beauty Pros Recover from Tornadoes with PBA Disaster Relief Fund Donations May 21, 2013
- Join the Movement to Educate Clients, Protect Licensing May 16, 2013
- Get the Look: Red Carpet Punk for Met Gala May 14, 2013
- Jazz: Nicole you are Amazing!...
- Geoffrey Williams: Hi I know I'm kind of late, but congradulations t...
- The Shop: These mannequins are much better than the standard...
- Kristina Bianca: This is going to be great!!! Nicole has been inspi...
- Jennifer Cross: After 20 years in the industry, and having attende...