Moroccanoil and their Southern California distributor, Sweis Inc., recently hosted a Hair Trends party at the Andaz Hotel in West Hollywood, CA, to educate and inspire local salon owners and stylists.
Although Fall 2012 fashion week NYC is here, the look at the Titania Inglis show was all about 1980’s medieval grunge. The styles included an array of plaids, leather and the eighties staple, Doc Martens. Lead hairstylist for Oribe, Ramona Eschbach
The beauty look at Marc by Marc Jacobs was clean and simple to complement the bold colors of the spring collection. When Creative consultant for Redken Guido met with Jacobs to discuss the hair, the designer pointed to the various ponytails the hairs
At the Chris Benz show, the collection was part 1960′s lady and part trashy glam. Bold colors and chic prints were front and center, but backstage Nick Irwin and DJ Riggs, lead stylists for TIGI, ruled, drawing inspiration for hairstyles from the And
An urban oasis was created under The High Line in NYC, where the 2012 Band of Outsiders spring collection hit the runway. Didier Malige, lead hair stylist for Aveda, created two looks that were called the boy-girl look and the girl-girl look. The
Natural, effortless, beauty was the theme at the Spring 2012 Rag & Bone fashion show. Guido, the lead hairstylist for Redken, wanted to create his own version of the “mid-nineties British rave culture” with simple yet glamorous styles.
Curl queen Ouidad is giving one lucky stylist the opportunity to assist her in creating gorgeous runway curls backstage at an upcoming Mercedes-Benz Fashion Week show in New York City. This once-in-a-lifetime experience includes a trip to New
Casual, disheveled locks from Lead Hair for Redken Jenny Balding complement the tropical, travel-friendly Spring 2011 looks at Gilded Age. The just-returned from vacation styling provided much needed warmth on the chilly Terrace of the Bowery Ho
Texture was key from head to toe at Vena Cava’s show at Milk Studios today. Lead Hair Ted Gibson created ‘70s inspired buns for 29 models to highlight the soft, feminine silhouettes at the Vena Cava show at Milk Studios. Key to the look is the fu
More undone, yet glamorous waves appeared at Minnie Mortimer’s presentation party at the Meatpacking District hotspot 1Oak Wednesday night. Lead stylist Sean James for René Furterer created two looks described as “pin up meets beach” to comple
Follow @AmericanSalon on Twitter
- Join the Movement to Educate Clients, Protect Licensing May 16, 2013
- Get the Look: Red Carpet Punk for Met Gala May 14, 2013
- Get the Look: Capri from L’Oréal Professionel’s 2013 Highlights and Balayage Collection May 13, 2013
- Millennium Software and Transworld Systems Announce Joint Offering May 13, 2013
- Capozzi & Co. Salon Plans Fundraiser for America’s VetDogs May 10, 2013
- Jazz: Nicole you are Amazing!...
- Geoffrey Williams: Hi I know I'm kind of late, but congradulations t...
- The Shop: These mannequins are much better than the standard...
- Kristina Bianca: This is going to be great!!! Nicole has been inspi...
- Jennifer Cross: After 20 years in the industry, and having attende...