Inspired by Nico of the Velvet Underground, Erin Fetherston’s Fall 2010 Collection brought together bohemian styles with rock’n’roll tailoring. Odile Gilbert for Moroccanoil followed that lead and gave all of the models long, straight hair with dramatic, face-framing bangs—a style much like Fetherston’s. Many models were given extensions, and all of the bangs were styled [...]
Shown beneath the tents at Bryant Park, Herve Leger’s sophistication-meets-urban-edge Fall 2010 Collection was beautifully complemented by natural, free-flowing “undone ponytails,” styled by Bob Recine for Moroccanoil. He used one product—Luminous
At the Carmen Marc Valvo show, held at the NASDAQ building in Times Square, guests like Ugly Betty’s Vanessa Williams and Ana Ortiz were treated to a collection inspired by the Chinese film Lust Caution. The movie, an espionage flick set in the 1940s
Jill Stuart is known for her clothes’ rocker-chic vibe, so longtime styling partner Bob Recine’s “Kate Moss at 3am” inspiration was right in line with her collection. “The look is a rock ‘n’ roll girl whose hair is danced out,” Recine said. “There’s
At this morning’s Carolina Herrera show, Orlando Pita abandoned his usual updos and opted for simple, straight hair with a side part and a little lift. Pita prepped the hair with Moroccanoil Styling Cream throughout the entire head and Oil Treatmen
The inspiration for the fall 2010 Twinkle show was fairytale-like haunted romance, a theme that carried over to the hair and nails as well. John Ruidant for Redken described the updo he created as “woodsy, playful and gothic” with a lot of product to
At the Alexander Wang show at Pier 94, Redken lead stylist Guido gave the models an exaggerated hairstyle that was “super cool, grungy and tomboy-ish.” Forceful 23 was the main ingredient in this look, which featured a low side part, natural texture
For the presentation of Behnaz Sarafpour’s Fall 2010 Collection, Roxanne Valinoti for CND styled the nails. Below, watch a video of her describing the design. As for the models’ faces, the key makeup artist was Gordon Espinet for M.A.C. Cosmetics.
At the Andy & Debb show at Bryant Park, the design duo’s highly textured collection was complemented by hair and makeup that really let the clothes take center stage. The hair, created by David Cruz for Phyto, was very clean and simple, insp
When David Cruz for Phyto first viewed Elise Overland’s Fall 2010 collection, he saw it as “very strong, very powerful.” To soften the overall look, he decided to create a loose chignon-like updo. The front of the hair had a bit of height, which Cruz
Follow @AmericanSalon on Twitter
- Ouidad Names Scott Hauser VP of Sales & Education June 18, 2013
- Charlie Le Mindu African Remix Collection June 18, 2013
- Mirabella Beauty Launches into Gene Juarez Salons and Spas June 18, 2013
- NYC Makeover Event Features New José Eber Styling Tools June 17, 2013
- Get the Look: Summer’s Hottest Hair Trends From Macadamia Natural Oil Global Artist Nathan Cheli June 13, 2013
- Jazz: Nicole you are Amazing!...
- Geoffrey Williams: Hi I know I'm kind of late, but congradulations t...
- The Shop: These mannequins are much better than the standard...
- Kristina Bianca: This is going to be great!!! Nicole has been inspi...
- Jennifer Cross: After 20 years in the industry, and having attende...