At the Reed Krakoff show, Guido for Redken gave the models a “simple, modern look” to go with the designer’s minimal take on beauty. He began the process by prepping wet hair with Spray Starch 15 Versatile Ironing Spray for texture and created a severe side part before allowing the hair to dry naturally. Then, [...]
Hair for Narciso Rodriguez’s fall 2011 collection was causing a stir backstage with a much tougher, more rugged look than what we usually see from the designer. According to Eugene Souleiman, global creative director for Wella Professionals, the lo
Anna Nelson of Fairfield, CA, got to attend Mercedes-Benz Fall 2010 Fashion Week in New York City after winning CND’s first online nail competition. Nelson’s animal print design, one of 650 entries posted to cnd.com and voted on by fans, incorporated
For my final fashion show of the fall/winter 2010 season, I headed over to Bryant Park to see the stunning J. Mendel presentation. For the hair, Ted Gibson for L’Oreal Professionnel wanted to echo the designer’s clean lines and effortless sexiness.
Being at the Victor de Souza show was like stepping into the future–or onto another planet. Inspired by the shape of the designer’s couture clothes, lead stylist Danilo for Phyto created a “sculptural updo with a dramatic silhouette. ” Because man
I look forward to the Nanette Lepore show each season because she’s one of my favorite designers and I always love the way she works with the hair, makeup and nail teams to perfectly complement her collections. The fall line featured lots of Renaissa
The creme de la creme of the fashion world showed up for the Rodarte show at Gagosian Gallery, with Vogue’s Anna Wintour (minus her trademark sunglasses) and Grace Coddington, Elle’s Joe Zee and Project Runway judge Nina Garcia getting front row seat
I made an early exit from the Kim Kardashian show in order to run over to see the backstage preparations for one of my favorite designers, Vera Wang. Jimmy Paul for Bumble and bumble gave the models a Brigitte Bardot-inspired, half-up hairstyle that
Despite the snow falling on NYC today, I headed over to Stage 37 for the debut of Kim Kardashian’s line for bebe, part of Elle’s Style360 event. The hair and makeup were heavily inspired by the designer herself, with an effortless glamour that ga
It might have been early, but the backstage area of Zac Posen’s Fall 2010 Collection show was a flurry of hair, nails and makeup—and plenty of coffee. of course. For hair, Odile Gilbert for L’Oreal Professionnel created a middle-parted, wavy look u
Follow @AmericanSalon on Twitter
- Ouidad Names Scott Hauser VP of Sales & Education June 18, 2013
- Charlie Le Mindu African Remix Collection June 18, 2013
- Mirabella Beauty Launches into Gene Juarez Salons and Spas June 18, 2013
- NYC Makeover Event Features New José Eber Styling Tools June 17, 2013
- Get the Look: Summer’s Hottest Hair Trends From Macadamia Natural Oil Global Artist Nathan Cheli June 13, 2013
- Jazz: Nicole you are Amazing!...
- Geoffrey Williams: Hi I know I'm kind of late, but congradulations t...
- The Shop: These mannequins are much better than the standard...
- Kristina Bianca: This is going to be great!!! Nicole has been inspi...
- Jennifer Cross: After 20 years in the industry, and having attende...