Esteemed hairdresser and salon owner Eva Scrivo recently hosted a Balayage on Bond Street event at her eponymous salon in New York City to educate the beauty press about the process and benefits of using the artistic color technique. Scrivo says that with balayage, colorists can easily achieve dimensional designs with brighter pieces around the [...]
Excitement was definitely in the air last night as the backstage team prepared for the final show of Fashion Week: L.A.M.B. by Gwen Stefani. The collection revolved around six “Gangs of Gwen,” and Danilo, lead stylist for L’Oreal Professionnel, creat
DKNY’s chic, modern fall ’10 collection called for equally sophisticated hair, so lead stylist Eugene Souleiman, creative director for Wella Professionals, decided to create equestrian-inspired low side ponytails. “The hair should look like the g
Cynthia Rowley’s fall ’10 collection, shown at the elegant Gotham Hall, featured modern “tough girl” pieces with flashes of color, movement and texture achieved by using lots of feathers and fringed leather and silk. To complement the look, lead styl
I recently had the opportunity to watch stylist Craig Piatti demonstrate how to use Platinum Seamless extensions at Eva Scrivo’s Bond Street salon location in Manhattan. The 3-inch wide extensions are made of 100 percent Remy human hair, are paper
Working with clients, running a business, mentoring young stylists and doing it all dressed up with a smile on your face can be immensely challenging. We get so involved in the mechanics of the business that it is easy to forget about the creativity
When I recently visited Eva Scrivo’s eponymous salon in Manhattan to try out the new Wella Professionals Color Touch demipermanent haircolor, Eva took a look at my brunette shade and said, “I’m thinking…red.” Normally I might feel a bit cautious ab
I recently held a stylist meeting, as I do quarterly, to discuss a range of topics from inspirations to business building. The meeting started as usual, with my husband/business partner, Arik, and me sharing what’s going on within the salon, upcoming
Fear is a stylistâ€™s biggest enemy. In fact, most people in our industry spend their entire careers being afraid. Afraid of not being busy enough or of not having enough assistant support if you are; that a client will have to wait a few ex
We often get so caught up in the routine of our business that we forget how great of an impact we can have on our clients. Many come to us not simply to get their hair cut and colored, but for the experience that we create for them. This is parti
Follow @AmericanSalon on Twitter
- Help Beauty Pros Recover from Tornadoes with PBA Disaster Relief Fund Donations May 21, 2013
- Join the Movement to Educate Clients, Protect Licensing May 16, 2013
- Get the Look: Red Carpet Punk for Met Gala May 14, 2013
- Get the Look: Capri from L’Oréal Professionel’s 2013 Highlights and Balayage Collection May 13, 2013
- Millennium Software and Transworld Systems Announce Joint Offering May 13, 2013
- Jazz: Nicole you are Amazing!...
- Geoffrey Williams: Hi I know I'm kind of late, but congradulations t...
- The Shop: These mannequins are much better than the standard...
- Kristina Bianca: This is going to be great!!! Nicole has been inspi...
- Jennifer Cross: After 20 years in the industry, and having attende...