The inspiration for the hair at the Nanette Lepore spring 2012 show came from an unlikely source: a model who walked into the fitting with dirty locks. “It was greasy in the front and dry in the back and I thought it was perfect,” said Rolando Beauchamp for Bumble and bumble. He applied Thickening Spray [...]
The signature elegance of Reem Acra was preserved at its spring 2012 show at the brand’s 5th Avenue showroom, with rich, luxe fabrics, like skin-soft leather that bore bold colors and animal prints. Lead hairstylist Rutger for Cutler Salon/Redken
This morning I headed over to the tents at Lincoln Center bright and early for a look at the hair Leonard Manetti, lead stylist for L’Oréal Professionnel, was creating for Jenny Packham’s show. To complement the collection’s many shimmering, colo
Pamela Love’s spring 2012 jewelry collection, which featured Moroccan-inspired pieces with graphic shapes and patterns, was shown at Milk Studios. Each model wore a headscarf and hat, so lead stylist for Sebastian Professional Anthony Cole created a
Vogue and CFDA’s third annual Fashion’s Night Out (FNO) was a huge success, bringing freebies, makeovers, music and celebrities to excited shoppers in New York City last night. Companies like Redken, Sebastian Professional and Essie beautified gues
L’Oreal USA announced today that it has acquired Essie Cosmetics. Both founder Essie Weingarten and her husband, CEO Max Sortino, will stay on board. More details to come …
Follow @AmericanSalon on Twitter
- Join the Movement to Educate Clients, Protect Licensing May 16, 2013
- Get the Look: Red Carpet Punk for Met Gala May 14, 2013
- Get the Look: Capri from L’Oréal Professionel’s 2013 Highlights and Balayage Collection May 13, 2013
- Millennium Software and Transworld Systems Announce Joint Offering May 13, 2013
- Capozzi & Co. Salon Plans Fundraiser for America’s VetDogs May 10, 2013
- Jazz: Nicole you are Amazing!...
- Geoffrey Williams: Hi I know I'm kind of late, but congradulations t...
- The Shop: These mannequins are much better than the standard...
- Kristina Bianca: This is going to be great!!! Nicole has been inspi...
- Jennifer Cross: After 20 years in the industry, and having attende...