The Spanish label Delpozo debuted at New York Fashion Week on Sunday with a customized runway winding through the floral carpeted penthouse of Canoe Studios. Creative Director Josep Font’s ‘prêt-à-couture’ line included bold colors, sculpted silhouettes and light-as-air chiffons complemented by a sweet, royal beauty look. Antonio Corral Calero, Moroccanoil artistic director, collaborated with Font [...]
At Carolina Herrera’s show at the tents at Lincoln Center this morning, lead stylist for Moroccanoil Orlando Pita of Orlo Salon created a 1940s-style rolled updo that perfectly complemented the romantic collection. “I updated it for today by making i
Give your clients star style with these favorite polishes of Hollywood’s leading women, from Cameron Diaz to Julia Louis-Dreyfus. See below to get the scoop on six A-listers, and turn to page 64 of our January issue to discover even more. —Briann
There was no period reference for the sleek, straight looks Orlando Pita, lead stylist for Moroccanoil, created for Carolina Herrera’s spring 2013 show. To achieve the chic, modern style, Pita added extensions as needed to create a uniform length, ap
This morning, I had the seriously awesome pleasure of attending the Spring 2013 collection presentation for one of my favorite designers, Rachel Roy, held at her studio in Times Square. Additionally wonderful was to see Ted Gibson, the lead hair st
No two hair looks were the same at Diane von Furstenberg’s spring 2013 show. Lead stylist for Phyto Orlando Pita created individual styles for each model ranging from tight curls to pin-straight locks based on their hair type, cut or personal style.
Lela Rose’s spring 2013 collection was inspired by the art of painter Jim Hodges; to complement the tk fashions, lead hairstylist Ted Gibson created a knotted updo that was “a little bit uptown and a little bit downtown.” To get the look, Gibso
Backstage for the Carolina Herrera preshow hair and makeup, the energy was buzzing as creating any look for Ms. Herrera is done with great care and respect. The highlight during the beautiful creations was when Ms. Herrera gently popped in the ro
Film noir and total glamour came to life Monday morning at Lincoln Center as Jenny Packham’s designs hit the runway with hair gorgeously styled to fit the collection by Leonardo Manetti for L’Oréal Professionnel, makeup by Talia Shobrook for Lau
The DKNY Resort 2012 show drew an exclusive crowd of American Express cardholders at The Theatre at Lincoln Center, where Donna Karan displayed her beautiful dresses, like bandana-prints in black, red and metallic-hues. To complement the elegance of
Follow @AmericanSalon on Twitter
- Join the Movement to Educate Clients, Protect Licensing May 16, 2013
- Get the Look: Red Carpet Punk for Met Gala May 14, 2013
- Get the Look: Capri from L’Oréal Professionel’s 2013 Highlights and Balayage Collection May 13, 2013
- Millennium Software and Transworld Systems Announce Joint Offering May 13, 2013
- Capozzi & Co. Salon Plans Fundraiser for America’s VetDogs May 10, 2013
- Jazz: Nicole you are Amazing!...
- Geoffrey Williams: Hi I know I'm kind of late, but congradulations t...
- The Shop: These mannequins are much better than the standard...
- Kristina Bianca: This is going to be great!!! Nicole has been inspi...
- Jennifer Cross: After 20 years in the industry, and having attende...