At Carolina Herrera’s show at the tents at Lincoln Center this morning, lead stylist for Moroccanoil Orlando Pita of Orlo Salon created a 1940s-style rolled updo that perfectly complemented the romantic collection. “I updated it for today by making it smaller to the head,” he told me. To get the look, Pita prepped the hair [...]
At the fall 2012 Alexander Wang show the collection was all about texture, with leather and tweed taking the spotlight. Not to take away from the drama of the look, Guido Palau, lead hairstylist for Redken, chose to create hairstyles that were si
At the Reed Krakoff show, Guido for Redken gave the models a “simple, modern look” to go with the designer’s minimal take on beauty. He began the process by prepping wet hair with Spray Starch 15 Versatile Ironing Spray for texture and created a
At the Alexander Wang show held at Pier 94, Redken’s Guido sought a “natural bed-heady look” to go with the fall 2011 collection. “I wanted an easy, cool east village style,” Guido said. First, he prepped the hair with Thickening Lotion 06
Jason Wu’s fall 2011 collection was inspired by Versailles and a Baroque style. To complement the palette of muted blacks, whites and nudes with antique gold accents, lead stylist Odile Gilbert for Aveda wanted to create a hairstyle that was “simple
Follow @AmericanSalon on Twitter
- Join the Movement to Educate Clients, Protect Licensing May 16, 2013
- Get the Look: Red Carpet Punk for Met Gala May 14, 2013
- Get the Look: Capri from L’Oréal Professionel’s 2013 Highlights and Balayage Collection May 13, 2013
- Millennium Software and Transworld Systems Announce Joint Offering May 13, 2013
- Capozzi & Co. Salon Plans Fundraiser for America’s VetDogs May 10, 2013
- Jazz: Nicole you are Amazing!...
- Geoffrey Williams: Hi I know I'm kind of late, but congradulations t...
- The Shop: These mannequins are much better than the standard...
- Kristina Bianca: This is going to be great!!! Nicole has been inspi...
- Jennifer Cross: After 20 years in the industry, and having attende...