The buzzword at Derek Lam’s Fall/Winter 2013 show was “bohemian minimalism,” and clothes featured structure with silhouettes and texture for an overall casual but luxurious quality. Stationed in the back rooms of the Sean Kelly Gallery, Orlando Pita for Phyto followed suit for the hair, which he described as “a graphic shape with some fuzziness.” [...]
Lead stylist for Phyto Orlando Pita found his hair inspiration for Derek Lam’s spring show, held at the Stage at Lincoln Center, from Richard Neutra, an architect famous for his geometric structures. Pita achieved the low ponytail in only a f
At the Derek Lam show, Orlando Pita for T3 created a super-straight “schoolgirl hairstyle” that looked like a classic half-ponytail minus the elastic or barrette holding it in place. Pita blow-dried the hair with the T3 Evolution dryer, then flat-iro
Backstage at Derek Lam at the tents at Lincoln Center, Orlando Pita for T3 was doing blow-outs that featured a “bump” of volume at the back. “It’s very ’60s inspired but in a more casual, effortless way,” he told me. Pita was using T3′s new Evolution
Derek Lam’s rugged fall ’10 collection was a modern take on the wild West, with an earthy color palette and lot’s of leather, boots and fur seen in the looks. To balance out the menswear-influenced clothing, lead stylist for Moroccanoil Orlando Pita
Follow @AmericanSalon on Twitter
- Ouidad Names Scott Hauser VP of Sales & Education June 18, 2013
- Charlie Le Mindu African Remix Collection June 18, 2013
- Mirabella Beauty Launches into Gene Juarez Salons and Spas June 18, 2013
- NYC Makeover Event Features New José Eber Styling Tools June 17, 2013
- Get the Look: Summer’s Hottest Hair Trends From Macadamia Natural Oil Global Artist Nathan Cheli June 13, 2013
- Jazz: Nicole you are Amazing!...
- Geoffrey Williams: Hi I know I'm kind of late, but congradulations t...
- The Shop: These mannequins are much better than the standard...
- Kristina Bianca: This is going to be great!!! Nicole has been inspi...
- Jennifer Cross: After 20 years in the industry, and having attende...