At Badgley Mischka’s show yesterday at Lincoln Center, lead stylist for Moroccanoil Peter Gray was inspired by Alfred Hitchcock blondes—particularly Tippi Hedren in The Birds—to create the braided updos that perfectly complemented the designers’ glamorous gowns. To get the look, Gray prepped the hair with Moroccanoil Volumizing Mousse and new Protective Spray, then braided the [...]
The Lela Rose Fall 2013 collection is all about fairy-tales. Her whimsical creations were inspired by such tales as the Brothers Grimm and Hansel and Gretel. Lela chose Ted Gibson’s hairstyling team, led by Senior Stylist Devin Toth, to create myth
When designers Mark Badgley and James Mischka shared the inspiration for their spring 2013 Badgley Mischka collection—a 1930s version of A Midsummer Night’s Dream—with lead hairstylist for Moroccanoil Peter Gray, Gray put his imagination to work
Last week celebrity stylist Ric Pipino for his salon Pipino 57 – Wella Professionals Flagship, hosted the special press event Hamptons Hair & Newport Nails featuring Hotheads Hair Extensions, Deborah Lippmann and Keratin Complex. Hair expe
The theme behind the Ports 1961 show held in the New York Public Library this morning was modern sensuality. The clothes matched the understated elegance of the venue, playing on interesting textures and color blocking. Hair, makeup and nails were ea
The inspiration behind Badgley Mischka’s fall 2012 collection was the science-fiction impressionism seen in the German film Metropolis. Reflected in the strong structures, high collars, defined angles and overall mood of the collection, one might e
At Badgley Mischka’s spring collection, shown at the tents at Lincoln Center, a number of intriguing references inspired lead hairstylist for Moroccanoil Peter Gray to create the dramatic updos for the show, including Italian sculptor Umberto Boccion
The Badgley Mischka fall 2011 collection was inspired by the films of the 1940s and ’50s, such as All About Eve, Dark Victory and The Women, and the parties that went along with them. “It’s less about the red carpet and more about the Vanity Fair aft
Hair for Narciso Rodriguez’s fall 2011 collection was causing a stir backstage with a much tougher, more rugged look than what we usually see from the designer. According to Eugene Souleiman, global creative director for Wella Professionals, the lo
The Adam fall 2011 collection mixed Native American and country influences. For the hair, lead stylist Diego De Silvo for Redken created a look that was “sophisticated but with some edge.” He explains, “It’s really two looks: from the front, it’s sle
Follow @AmericanSalon on Twitter
- Oribe’s La Fama in Miami; June 9-10 May 23, 2013
- Halo Salon & Day Spa’s Hair Show to Benefit HartSong Ranch Animal Sanctuary May 23, 2013
- Help Beauty Pros Recover from Tornadoes with PBA Disaster Relief Fund Donations May 21, 2013
- Join the Movement to Educate Clients, Protect Licensing May 16, 2013
- Get the Look: Red Carpet Punk for Met Gala May 14, 2013
- Jazz: Nicole you are Amazing!...
- Geoffrey Williams: Hi I know I'm kind of late, but congradulations t...
- The Shop: These mannequins are much better than the standard...
- Kristina Bianca: This is going to be great!!! Nicole has been inspi...
- Jennifer Cross: After 20 years in the industry, and having attende...