To provide relief to thousands of victims of Hurricane Sandy, Christine Zilinski, owner of Salon Concrete in Red Bank, NJ, organized Scissors for Sandy, a cut-a-thon fundraiser that brought in $27,000 for two local organizations, Hometown Heroes Restore the Shore and Stephen Siller Tunnel to Towers Foundation. More than 50 hairstylists, including Nick Berardi, Traci [...]
Davines has announced its continued partnership with The Fruit Tree Planting Foundation (FTPF), a charity that benefits impoverished communities for the 2nd annual Sustainable Beauty Day that will take place on Monday, October 15. This year’
The Hyden Yoo spring 2012 collection was inspired by the Oscar nominated film L’amant, reviving a 1920s look and playing off the plot’s romance between an expat and a South Asian native during neocolonialism. Guests strolled through the tent and
At Timo Weiland’s men’s and women’s collection, shown at the tents at Lincoln Center, Leonardo Manetti of Ion Studio for Davines was creating messy, dry, windswept looks on guys and soft “not too done” waves on girls. For the guys, Manetti was us
In honor of Earth Day, Davines announced the launch of its global Eco-Salon Contest to recognize salons that engage in exceptional sustainability practices. To enter the contest, simply fill out the application form. A jury of haircare and enviro
Follow @AmericanSalon on Twitter
- Oribe’s La Fama in Miami; June 9-10 May 23, 2013
- Halo Salon & Day Spa’s Hair Show to Benefit HartSong Ranch Animal Sanctuary May 23, 2013
- Help Beauty Pros Recover from Tornadoes with PBA Disaster Relief Fund Donations May 21, 2013
- Join the Movement to Educate Clients, Protect Licensing May 16, 2013
- Get the Look: Red Carpet Punk for Met Gala May 14, 2013
- Jazz: Nicole you are Amazing!...
- Geoffrey Williams: Hi I know I'm kind of late, but congradulations t...
- The Shop: These mannequins are much better than the standard...
- Kristina Bianca: This is going to be great!!! Nicole has been inspi...
- Jennifer Cross: After 20 years in the industry, and having attende...