Whether they went home with awards noting their on-screen performances or not, these leading ladies were style standouts for their red carpet ‘dos at last night’s 84th Annual Academy Awards. With shiny, long, rich hair like Sandra Bullock’s, celebrity stylist David Babaii’s job was clear: keep it simple to showcase its natural luxury. For colorists [...]
At last night’s Golden Globes, starlets wowed red carpet onlookers, embracing a variety of styling trends sure to become go-to looks for seasons to come. Here, top stylists share how you can execute these A-List dos on your salon clients. THE TR
Celebrity hairstylist David Babaii created a tousled Bohemian up-do for Uma Thurman at Paris Fashion Week’s Chanel Show, to emphasize the movie star’s beautiful bone structure and timeless Chanel dress. He began by spraying her entire head with Pure
Celebrity hairstylist David Babaii created a stunning updo he called “Texture Infusion” for Sandra Bullock’s red carpet look. To achieve it, he rinsed out all shampoo and conditioner from her hair to start on a clean canvas. He then applied Coutu
Nicole Kidman arrived at this year’s Spirit Awards with a “Beach Romantic” look by celebrity hairstylist David Babaii. Starting on towel dried hair, Babaii applied Couture Colour Pequi Oil Treatment before thoroughly drying it with a dryer. Nex
Jada Pinkett Smith attended the 2011 Grammy’s with a beautiful voluminous style created by celebrity hairstylist Marcia Hamilton. To start, Hamilton washed the hair using White Sands Vegan Moisturizing Shampoo and Conditioner and gently towel dried
Bryce Dallas Howard, joining the cast as Victoria, channeled Bridget Bardot on the red carpet this past Thursday in L.A. with sweptback shimmering waves and understated volume. Celebrity Hairstylist David Babaii styled the actress’ bright auburn lo
Scarlett Johansson arrived at the Iron Man 2 premiere in Hollywood last week sporting a look that was at once flirty, fun and high fashion. Her structural ice blue Armani Prive dress was perfectly complemented by her fresh, softly textured updo, whic
Hel-lo, Ms. Richmond! Jessica Lucas, who stars as elementary school teacher Riley Richmond in Melrose Place, vamped up her tresses for a recent photo shoot. A far cry from her character’s good girl image, Lucas’ sexy-meets-messy look was the work o
I’ve always been a huge fan of Nicole Kidman—both on screen and on the red carpet—and last night’s Golden Globes look was no exception. I loved her natural and elegant updo, created by the wonderful David Babaii. Here’s how to recreate it: Blow
Follow @AmericanSalon on Twitter
- Join the Movement to Educate Clients, Protect Licensing May 16, 2013
- Get the Look: Red Carpet Punk for Met Gala May 14, 2013
- Get the Look: Capri from L’Oréal Professionel’s 2013 Highlights and Balayage Collection May 13, 2013
- Millennium Software and Transworld Systems Announce Joint Offering May 13, 2013
- Capozzi & Co. Salon Plans Fundraiser for America’s VetDogs May 10, 2013
- Jazz: Nicole you are Amazing!...
- Geoffrey Williams: Hi I know I'm kind of late, but congradulations t...
- The Shop: These mannequins are much better than the standard...
- Kristina Bianca: This is going to be great!!! Nicole has been inspi...
- Jennifer Cross: After 20 years in the industry, and having attende...