The 1990s hip-hop scene was the inspiration for lead stylist for L’Oréal Professionnel Joseph DiMaggio’s hair look at Timo Weiland’s spring 2013 show. Instead of literally re-creating the styles from the era, DiMaggio put his own spin on them: The women wore ponytails wrapped with crimped Lox extensions with a twist on the top of [...]
Lead Hairstylists for Aveda Frank Rizzieri and Kevin Ryan created a style that was straight and sleek to complement the new simple spring 2013 collection from TIBI shown at Center 548. To get the look, the guys used Pure Abundance Style Prep from
Tibi’s Fall 2012 collection was designed to convey the understated confidence associated with the women of the Beatles era. Using refined structure, the runway was clad with over sized coats, pencil skirts, bold textures and vivid prints. To comp
Excitement was definitely in the air last night as the backstage team prepared for the final show of Fashion Week: L.A.M.B. by Gwen Stefani. The collection revolved around six “Gangs of Gwen,” and Danilo, lead stylist for L’Oreal Professionnel, creat
The beauty looks at Elie Tahari were all about keeping things pure and simple. For the hair, Esther Langham for Moroccanoil created a clean low ponytail at the nape of the neck. She started by dampening the models’ hair and applying a mixture of Mor
Erin Fetherston’s signature style came through backstage at Milk Studios where Odile for TIGI invented a romantic chignon to go with the clothing line. “A very girly look is what Erin wanted, so we’re working with a lot of braids and baby hair,
At Odd Molly’s whimsical show at Lincoln Center, lead hairstylist for Phyto Brent Lowler infused side-swept braids with a flash of color by weaving one of 10 different shades of extensions into the hair, from watermelon pink to lilac to dusty blue. L
For my final fashion show of the fall/winter 2010 season, I headed over to Bryant Park to see the stunning J. Mendel presentation. For the hair, Ted Gibson for L’Oreal Professionnel wanted to echo the designer’s clean lines and effortless sexiness.
Follow @AmericanSalon on Twitter
- Join the Movement to Educate Clients, Protect Licensing May 16, 2013
- Get the Look: Red Carpet Punk for Met Gala May 14, 2013
- Get the Look: Capri from L’Oréal Professionel’s 2013 Highlights and Balayage Collection May 13, 2013
- Millennium Software and Transworld Systems Announce Joint Offering May 13, 2013
- Capozzi & Co. Salon Plans Fundraiser for America’s VetDogs May 10, 2013
- Jazz: Nicole you are Amazing!...
- Geoffrey Williams: Hi I know I'm kind of late, but congradulations t...
- The Shop: These mannequins are much better than the standard...
- Kristina Bianca: This is going to be great!!! Nicole has been inspi...
- Jennifer Cross: After 20 years in the industry, and having attende...