This season Chriz Benz delivered his signature color-and-texture extravaganza. Full skirts pumped up with ample pleats and layers of tulle, cropped jackets either in fur or fuzzy wool and the ever-present bold prints made a definitive statement, but somehow found the perfect balance of quirky and modern. Not surprisingly, the avant-garde designer wanted the hair [...]
At the Chris Benz show, the collection was part 1960′s lady and part trashy glam. Bold colors and chic prints were front and center, but backstage Nick Irwin and DJ Riggs, lead stylists for TIGI, ruled, drawing inspiration for hairstyles from the And
The inspiration for Chris Benz’s fall 2011 show was ghosts of Savannah, so haunting hair and makeup ruled the runway. John Ruidant for Redken created wispy, “witchy” waves using a curling iron and some back-combing. “The main thing is getting textur
French ’60s pop singer France Gall provided the inspiration for the beauty looks at the Chris Benz show. Lead stylist for Redken John Ruidant interpreted that as a girl riding through Paris on the back of a motorcycle. He gave the hair a deep ’60s si
Follow @AmericanSalon on Twitter
- Join the Movement to Educate Clients, Protect Licensing May 16, 2013
- Get the Look: Red Carpet Punk for Met Gala May 14, 2013
- Get the Look: Capri from L’Oréal Professionel’s 2013 Highlights and Balayage Collection May 13, 2013
- Millennium Software and Transworld Systems Announce Joint Offering May 13, 2013
- Capozzi & Co. Salon Plans Fundraiser for America’s VetDogs May 10, 2013
- Jazz: Nicole you are Amazing!...
- Geoffrey Williams: Hi I know I'm kind of late, but congradulations t...
- The Shop: These mannequins are much better than the standard...
- Kristina Bianca: This is going to be great!!! Nicole has been inspi...
- Jennifer Cross: After 20 years in the industry, and having attende...