Backstage at the Cynthia Rowley show, Redken’s Rita Marmor was collaborating closely with the designer to create a soft, airy updo. “I imagined a girl who is delicate, but still wants to have fun; elegant, but never uptight,” Marmor said. To start, she created a deep, triangular part and sectioned it off for later. Pulling [...]
Vogue and CFDA’s much-anticipated Fashion’s Night Out (FNO) returned for a second year with more stores, parties, celebrities and freebies for eager shoppers in New York City and around the world. Beauty companies including
Cynthia Rowley let the streets outside Condé Nast, Hearst and Time Inc. become public runways for her 2011 Resort Collection presentation on June 15. Salon owner and Redken stylist Rodney Cutler created loose topknots to complement the bold geometri
Cynthia Rowley’s fall ’10 collection, shown at the elegant Gotham Hall, featured modern “tough girl” pieces with flashes of color, movement and texture achieved by using lots of feathers and fringed leather and silk. To complement the look, lead styl
Editorial hairstylist and salon owner Davide Torchio was selected to do the hair for fashion designer Cynthia Rowley’s latest film, Hide and Seek, which played in New York City taxicab TVs throughout Mercedes-Benz Fashion Week and can still be se
Backstage at Cynthia Rowley’s spring ’10 show, lead stylist Bok-Hee for Redken told me she wanted the models hairstyles to make them look like “girls who were perfect but went renegade.” The look, a looped ponytail with rolled bangs in front, had a m
Follow @AmericanSalon on Twitter
- CALL TO ACTION: Midwest Beauty Professionals Affected by Devastating Tornadoes Need Your Help! May 21, 2013
- Join the Movement to Educate Clients, Protect Licensing May 16, 2013
- Get the Look: Red Carpet Punk for Met Gala May 14, 2013
- Get the Look: Capri from L’Oréal Professionel’s 2013 Highlights and Balayage Collection May 13, 2013
- Millennium Software and Transworld Systems Announce Joint Offering May 13, 2013
- Jazz: Nicole you are Amazing!...
- Geoffrey Williams: Hi I know I'm kind of late, but congradulations t...
- The Shop: These mannequins are much better than the standard...
- Kristina Bianca: This is going to be great!!! Nicole has been inspi...
- Jennifer Cross: After 20 years in the industry, and having attende...