Naturally curly hair scares a lot of hairdressers—and you can’t blame them! Highly textured hair likes to be left alone. When it’s touched, it expands and gets frizzy. But it’s just hair, and you can learn to outsmart it! 1. Read the curl. Ask your client, “When did you last shampoo your hair?” The more [...]
Scientists at Australia’s Queensland Institute of Medical Research (QIMR) have discovered that a certain gene called the trichohyalin gene is mainly responsible for creating curls. Professor Nick Martin, head of the QIMR Genetic Epidemiology Laborat
As the weather begins to get warmer, people are gearing up for a few months of outdoor activities and catching some rays by the pool or on the beach. However, the sun, heat, humidity and chlorine can wreak havoc on the hair, especially curly hair
Follow @AmericanSalon on Twitter
- Join the Movement to Educate Clients, Protect Licensing May 16, 2013
- Get the Look: Red Carpet Punk for Met Gala May 14, 2013
- Get the Look: Capri from L’Oréal Professionel’s 2013 Highlights and Balayage Collection May 13, 2013
- Millennium Software and Transworld Systems Announce Joint Offering May 13, 2013
- Capozzi & Co. Salon Plans Fundraiser for America’s VetDogs May 10, 2013
- Jazz: Nicole you are Amazing!...
- Geoffrey Williams: Hi I know I'm kind of late, but congradulations t...
- The Shop: These mannequins are much better than the standard...
- Kristina Bianca: This is going to be great!!! Nicole has been inspi...
- Jennifer Cross: After 20 years in the industry, and having attende...