CND recognized T.J. Schafer as the Regional Manager of the Year for 2009 for his commitment to the nail care company’s philosophy and a decade of hard work. “He possesses a strong aptitude for managing complex business situations, epitomizes customer-centricity and has an enviable work ethic,” said John Heffner, CND president and CEO. —Jennifer Barnes
Sweet Squared, CND’s exclusive distributor in the United Kingdom, was presented the award for Outstanding Contribution to the Nail Industry 2010 on Monday at the first annual BABTAC/CIBTAC Beauty Awards sponsored by Professional Beauty. The event w
Anna Nelson of Fairfield, CA, got to attend Mercedes-Benz Fall 2010 Fashion Week in New York City after winning CND’s first online nail competition. Nelson’s animal print design, one of 650 entries posted to cnd.com and voted on by fans, incorporated
Being at the Victor de Souza show was like stepping into the future–or onto another planet. Inspired by the shape of the designer’s couture clothes, lead stylist Danilo for Phyto created a “sculptural updo with a dramatic silhouette. ” Because man
The beauty look at Marc by Marc Jacobs was fresh out of bed and slightly undone. For the hair, key stylist for Redken Guido used Fabricate 03, then dried the hair with his hands, letting the natural texture come through. “It’s very simple, a little g
Last night I braved the crowds at the New York State Armory to get a glimpse of the backstage preparations for Marc Jacobs’ fall ’10 show. I caught up first with lead hairstylist Guido, creative consultant for Redken, who told me the first thing
Shown beneath the tents at Bryant Park, Herve Leger’s sophistication-meets-urban-edge Fall 2010 Collection was beautifully complemented by natural, free-flowing “undone ponytails,” styled by Bob Recine for Moroccanoil. He used one product—Luminous
The inspiration for the fall 2010 Twinkle show was fairytale-like haunted romance, a theme that carried over to the hair and nails as well. John Ruidant for Redken described the updo he created as “woodsy, playful and gothic” with a lot of product to
For the presentation of Behnaz Sarafpour’s Fall 2010 Collection, Roxanne Valinoti for CND styled the nails. Below, watch a video of her describing the design. As for the models’ faces, the key makeup artist was Gordon Espinet for M.A.C. Cosmetics.
At Catherine Malandrino’s fall ’10 show, the clothes had an urban Mongolian and Tibetan feeling, which inspired lead stylist for Phyto Odile Gilbert to create rough-textured ponytails on top of the head using Phyto Professional Intense Volume Mou
Follow @AmericanSalon on Twitter
- Join the Movement to Educate Clients, Protect Licensing May 16, 2013
- Get the Look: Red Carpet Punk for Met Gala May 14, 2013
- Get the Look: Capri from L’Oréal Professionel’s 2013 Highlights and Balayage Collection May 13, 2013
- Millennium Software and Transworld Systems Announce Joint Offering May 13, 2013
- Capozzi & Co. Salon Plans Fundraiser for America’s VetDogs May 10, 2013
- Jazz: Nicole you are Amazing!...
- Geoffrey Williams: Hi I know I'm kind of late, but congradulations t...
- The Shop: These mannequins are much better than the standard...
- Kristina Bianca: This is going to be great!!! Nicole has been inspi...
- Jennifer Cross: After 20 years in the industry, and having attende...