Red Door Interactive, a strategic Internet presence management firm, will partner with Creative Nail Design, Inc. (CND), the global nail beauty company and creator of Shellac Power Polish, to elevate its online image. The agency will provide website and e-newsletter content management, acquisition strategy and campaign development and analysis for products and promotions. It will [...]
CND announced that it has awarded its prestigious 2010 Education Ambassador of the Year award to Holly Schippers. Schippers, who was hired in 2004 as an education ambassador for CND, is renowned in the industry for her techniques and nail knowledge.
American Salon was backstage at the CND Shellac Fashion Fusion runway show, which was held in conjunction with America’s Beauty Show. The presentation featured some of CND’s top looks from the spring 2011 fashion shows, plus other trends for the seas
For our March 2011 issue, we were thrilled to partner with Redken to shoot our very first cover and feature in 3D, “Pop Art.” Shot by photographer David Byun, the feature showcased voluminous hip and urban yet wearable hairstyles created by Redken Ar
Kristina Estabrooks, lead nail artist, for Creative Nail Design (CND), described to American Salon the amazing details of the firebreathing “Mori and Moto” dragons that were created for The Blonds runway show during Mercedes-Benz Fashion Week in
Jason Wu’s fall 2011 collection was inspired by Versailles and a Baroque style. To complement the palette of muted blacks, whites and nudes with antique gold accents, lead stylist Odile Gilbert for Aveda wanted to create a hairstyle that was “simple
It’s time to start gearing up for the holiday season! Adding gift sets and limited-edition holiday items to your retail selection can boost profits and help make last-minute gift-giving easy for your clients. Here are some of the items you can offer.
The 3.1 Phillip Lim spring 2011 collection was inspired by the female dandy. For the hair, “Philip wanted something very easy, a style models could do themselves,” said Odile Gilbert, lead stylist for Phyto, who created a messy chignon with a twisted
The spring 2011 Marc by Marc Jacobs collection featured vivid colors and patterns, and the beauty looks were just as bold. Guido Palau for Redken gave the models fun, frizzy curls with half-ponytails swept over to the side. “People think of wild curl
To say there was a buzz backstage at Marc Jacobs before his show at the Armory last night would be a huge understatement. One of the hottest tickets during fashion week, Marc Jacobs is always madness backstage, with hair, makeup and nail teams racing
Follow @AmericanSalon on Twitter
- Join the Movement to Educate Clients, Protect Licensing May 16, 2013
- Get the Look: Red Carpet Punk for Met Gala May 14, 2013
- Get the Look: Capri from L’Oréal Professionel’s 2013 Highlights and Balayage Collection May 13, 2013
- Millennium Software and Transworld Systems Announce Joint Offering May 13, 2013
- Capozzi & Co. Salon Plans Fundraiser for America’s VetDogs May 10, 2013
- Jazz: Nicole you are Amazing!...
- Geoffrey Williams: Hi I know I'm kind of late, but congradulations t...
- The Shop: These mannequins are much better than the standard...
- Kristina Bianca: This is going to be great!!! Nicole has been inspi...
- Jennifer Cross: After 20 years in the industry, and having attende...