For the eighth season, Aveda Global Creative Director Antoinette Beenders worked her hairstyling magic backstage at Christian Siriano. To complement the collection’s glamorous designs, Beenders created elegant fishtail-braided updos inspired by the golden age of Russian opera. To get the look, she prepped the hair with Aveda Pure Abundance Style Prep, then blow-dried it before [...]
It was all about the bat for designer Christian Siriano as his inspiration for his fall 2012 collection was based on the bat and the black-and-white 1933 film The Vampire Bat starring 1930s’ actress Fay Wray. Aveda Global Creative Director Antoine
Christian Siriano’s spring 2012 collection, shown at Eyebeam, featured lots of flowing pieces in bright tones of coral and underwater hues, which inspired Aveda Global Creative Director Antoinette Beenders to give models’ hair a flirty, textured and
Christian Siriano, who is known for his extravagant yet sophisticated dresses, was inspired by black orchids for his fall 2011 collection. While the hair and makeup at his shows are usually equally as intricate, he went for a much simpler look this
Christian Siriano took inspiration from a number of different cultures when designing his latest collection, shown at the tents, now located at Lincoln Center in Manhattan, so Antoinette Beenders, lead hairstylist for Aveda, chose to create a “tribal
I just got back from the Christian Siriano show, which is always a ton of fun—and a little bit insane! (Those of you who watched him on Project Runway will understand why!) As usual, both the clothes and the hair were elegant and stunning. Antoinet
Follow @AmericanSalon on Twitter
- Join the Movement to Educate Clients, Protect Licensing May 16, 2013
- Get the Look: Red Carpet Punk for Met Gala May 14, 2013
- Get the Look: Capri from L’Oréal Professionel’s 2013 Highlights and Balayage Collection May 13, 2013
- Millennium Software and Transworld Systems Announce Joint Offering May 13, 2013
- Capozzi & Co. Salon Plans Fundraiser for America’s VetDogs May 10, 2013
- Jazz: Nicole you are Amazing!...
- Geoffrey Williams: Hi I know I'm kind of late, but congradulations t...
- The Shop: These mannequins are much better than the standard...
- Kristina Bianca: This is going to be great!!! Nicole has been inspi...
- Jennifer Cross: After 20 years in the industry, and having attende...