From wardrobes to hairstyles, AMC’s popular series Mad Men has ignited a 1960s resurgence. If it hasn’t already happened, you’re bound to have a client request that you recreate the shoulder-length elegance of the Betty Draper’s signature style. Here, Mad Men Hair Department Head Stylist Terrie V. Owen reveals her step-by-step guide to achieving January [...]
The inspiration for the hair at the Nanette Lepore spring 2012 show came from an unlikely source: a model who walked into the fitting with dirty locks. “It was greasy in the front and dry in the back and I thought it was perfect,” said Rolando Beauch
At the BCBG Max Azria spring show this year at The Theater at Lincoln Center, Neil Moodie for Bumble and bumble created a sporty, 1920s ‘do, reflecting the modern athletic style of the clothing. Azria’s collection included a few track suit piec
At this year’s Yigal Azrouel spring show at Highline Studio, things were kept fashionably casual, mimicking “something a girl in New York would buy,” said Jimmy Paul, hairstylist for Bumble and bumble. “It’s a simple look, very urbane, very real,
It’s time to start gearing up for the holiday season! Adding gift sets and limited-edition holiday items to your retail selection can boost profits and help make last-minute gift-giving easy for your clients. Here are some of the items you can offer.
Broadway musical HAIR and its official haircare sponsor, Bumble and bumble, are teaming up to stage a “cut-in” at the Bumble and bumble Uptown salon in Manhattan on Monday, May 24. Bumble and bumble stylists will be giving free haircuts from 12pm-4pm
Costa Rica native Debi Nova is the latest singing sensation to foray into the U.S. music scene, and celebrity hairstylist Christian Marc shows us how he created the singer’s lustrous, loose waves. First, Marc prepped the hair by cutting lots of
I made an early exit from the Kim Kardashian show in order to run over to see the backstage preparations for one of my favorite designers, Vera Wang. Jimmy Paul for Bumble and bumble gave the models a Brigitte Bardot-inspired, half-up hairstyle that
To complement Karen Walker’s Fall 2010 Collection, the hair, nails and makeup were minimal. Below, watch a video of CND’s Jan Arnold describing the clean and sheer nail coloring. The hairstyle created by Rolando Beauchamp for Bumble and bumble fea
For the Cynthia Steffe show, key stylist Rolando Beauchamp for Bumble and bumble kept things simple. “I was inspired by the early ’70s,” he said, referring to the middle part with some texture he created for the runway. Stylists didn’t need to use ma
Follow @AmericanSalon on Twitter
- Donate to PBA’s Issue Advocacy Fund For A Chance To Win A Samsung Galaxy Note! June 19, 2013
- Ouidad Names Scott Hauser VP of Sales & Education June 18, 2013
- Charlie Le Mindu African Remix Collection June 18, 2013
- Mirabella Beauty Launches into Gene Juarez Salons and Spas June 18, 2013
- NYC Makeover Event Features New José Eber Styling Tools June 17, 2013
- Jazz: Nicole you are Amazing!...
- Geoffrey Williams: Hi I know I'm kind of late, but congradulations t...
- The Shop: These mannequins are much better than the standard...
- Kristina Bianca: This is going to be great!!! Nicole has been inspi...
- Jennifer Cross: After 20 years in the industry, and having attende...