At Badgley Mischka’s show yesterday at Lincoln Center, lead stylist for Moroccanoil Peter Gray was inspired by Alfred Hitchcock blondes—particularly Tippi Hedren in The Birds—to create the braided updos that perfectly complemented the designers’ glamorous gowns. To get the look, Gray prepped the hair with Moroccanoil Volumizing Mousse and new Protective Spray, then braided the [...]
When designers Mark Badgley and James Mischka shared the inspiration for their spring 2013 Badgley Mischka collection—a 1930s version of A Midsummer Night’s Dream—with lead hairstylist for Moroccanoil Peter Gray, Gray put his imagination to work
At Bridal Fashion Week 2012, American Salon sought out all the blossoming hair trends for the fast-approaching wedding season. Twists were used to add detail to chignons at Badgley Mischka and Anne Bowen, and the hair at Isaac Mizrahi’s show for Kl
The inspiration behind Badgley Mischka’s fall 2012 collection was the science-fiction impressionism seen in the German film Metropolis. Reflected in the strong structures, high collars, defined angles and overall mood of the collection, one might e
At Badgley Mischka’s spring collection, shown at the tents at Lincoln Center, a number of intriguing references inspired lead hairstylist for Moroccanoil Peter Gray to create the dramatic updos for the show, including Italian sculptor Umberto Boccion
Follow @AmericanSalon on Twitter
- Oribe’s La Fama in Miami; June 9-10 May 23, 2013
- Halo Salon & Day Spa’s Hair Show to Benefit HartSong Ranch Animal Sanctuary May 23, 2013
- Help Beauty Pros Recover from Tornadoes with PBA Disaster Relief Fund Donations May 21, 2013
- Join the Movement to Educate Clients, Protect Licensing May 16, 2013
- Get the Look: Red Carpet Punk for Met Gala May 14, 2013
- Jazz: Nicole you are Amazing!...
- Geoffrey Williams: Hi I know I'm kind of late, but congradulations t...
- The Shop: These mannequins are much better than the standard...
- Kristina Bianca: This is going to be great!!! Nicole has been inspi...
- Jennifer Cross: After 20 years in the industry, and having attende...