The creme de la creme of the fashion world showed up for the Rodarte show at Gagosian Gallery, with Vogue‘s Anna Wintour (minus her trademark sunglasses) and Grace Coddington, Elle‘s Joe Zee and Project Runway judge Nina Garcia getting front row seats alongside celebs like Kirsten Dunst and Chloe Sevigny. The clothes, which featured amazing detail [...]
The fall 2010 collection of GANT by Michael Bastian was presented in a sports-inspired setting: The space was set up as part locker room, part lacrosse field, part tarmac. It perfectly corresponded to the classic, masculine collection, which in turn
Jason Wu chose to show his ethereal fall ’10 collection at the historic Waterfront building near Hudson River in Manhattan. Odile Gilbert, lead stylist for Aveda, told me she was inspired by the film The Piano to create the simple, beautiful bound bu
I just got back from the Christian Siriano show, which is always a ton of fun—and a little bit insane! (Those of you who watched him on Project Runway will understand why!) As usual, both the clothes and the hair were elegant and stunning. Antoinet
I loved the hair at Organic by John Patrick Fall/Winter 2010 Fashion Week show. Lead stylist Odile Gilbert for Aveda created a modern twist on the Brigitte Bardot “pouf” to complement the collection. “Our collection this season is centered arou
I recently attended Neill Corporation’s Serious Business: Soundbyte Wisdom conference in New Orleans at the Roosevelt Hotel, an inspiring event intended to provide Neill’s customers and vendors with the most current and innovative thinking and concep
In our January article on hair repair, we highlighted some of the main causes of damaged hair and suggested some products to help your clients maintain healthy hair at home. â€œFailure to use products designed to prevent or treat damage is a key
It’s that time of the year again â€”time to start planning for the holiday shopping season. Tempt your clients with holiday haircare, hot tools, makeup and skincare. Here, part one of our three-part series. Alterna Holiday 2009 Gift Set Inc
The John Patrick Organic presentation at Keen’s Steakhouse in midtown Manhattan was imbued with a romantic speakeasy vibe, which perfectly matched the designer’s understated yet glamorous aesthetic. The Aveda hair team created controlled curls that w
The opulent St. Regis hotel hosted Jason Wu’s spring ’10 show, which was definitely a hot ticket this season, no small thanks to Michelle Obama, who wore one of his dresses to the inaugural ball. The collection featured hooks, wraps and transparent t
Follow @AmericanSalon on Twitter
- Join the Movement to Educate Clients, Protect Licensing May 16, 2013
- Get the Look: Red Carpet Punk for Met Gala May 14, 2013
- Get the Look: Capri from L’Oréal Professionel’s 2013 Highlights and Balayage Collection May 13, 2013
- Millennium Software and Transworld Systems Announce Joint Offering May 13, 2013
- Capozzi & Co. Salon Plans Fundraiser for America’s VetDogs May 10, 2013
- Jazz: Nicole you are Amazing!...
- Geoffrey Williams: Hi I know I'm kind of late, but congradulations t...
- The Shop: These mannequins are much better than the standard...
- Kristina Bianca: This is going to be great!!! Nicole has been inspi...
- Jennifer Cross: After 20 years in the industry, and having attende...