At the Sophie Theallet show, the hair and makeup were inspired by the collection’s sultry Mexican vibe and the strong women the clothes were designed for. Lead stylist for Aveda Antoinette Beenders created a braided chignon that was elegant, modern and dramatic. To get the look, Beenders prepped hair with Aveda Smooth Infustion Style-Prep Smoother [...]
Vogue and CFDA’s much-anticipated Fashion’s Night Out (FNO) returned for a second year with more stores, parties, celebrities and freebies for eager shoppers in New York City and around the world. Beauty companies including
The decade on everyone’s lips, and locks, is the ‘70s backstage and Lead Stylist Odile Gilbert for Aveda created lightly tousled hair with a natural innocence for Rodarte’s Spring 2011 show. “The look is inspired by teenagers in the 1970’
The Spring 2011 Suno show in Milk Studios Saturday included layered pieces and mixed patterns that translated into multidimensional hair and makeup looks. Lead Hair for Aveda Odile Gilbert described the voluminous updo as “naïve but sophisticated.
Jason Wu’s spring ’11 collection, shown in a fashionable SoHo loft, was inspired by the work of Brazilian artist Beatriz Milhazes, whose artwork features bright and colorful abstract patterns. To complement the feminine clothing, Odile Gilbert, lead
Christian Siriano took inspiration from a number of different cultures when designing his latest collection, shown at the tents, now located at Lincoln Center in Manhattan, so Antoinette Beenders, lead hairstylist for Aveda, chose to create a “tribal
Spring 2011 fashion week is off and running here in New York City! First stop: the Organic by John Patrick presentation, shown at the fashionable Ace Hotel. Designer John Patrick was inspired by the fluidity and texture of water, and the beach-wavy h
Gary Manuel Salon in Seattle is the recipient of Puget Sound Business Journal’s Corporate Champion Award for the Environment category. Nominated by Puget Soundkeeper Alliance, the salon beat out 800 applicants to win the award. The salon raised mor
Join Aveda in April for Earth Month 2010 and show your support for organizations working on clean water projects. One in seven people in developing nations lack access to clean water, and Aveda stores, salons and spas have set a $3.5 million global f
Sophie Théallet, who recently won the CFDA/Vogue Fund award, partnered with Aveda for her fall ’10 show, which had a country-girl-becomes-a-princess theme. To complement the look, lead stylist Antoinette Beenders, Aveda global creative director,
Follow @AmericanSalon on Twitter
- Oribe’s La Fama in Miami; June 9-10 May 23, 2013
- Halo Salon & Day Spa’s Hair Show to Benefit HartSong Ranch Animal Sanctuary May 23, 2013
- Help Beauty Pros Recover from Tornadoes with PBA Disaster Relief Fund Donations May 21, 2013
- Join the Movement to Educate Clients, Protect Licensing May 16, 2013
- Get the Look: Red Carpet Punk for Met Gala May 14, 2013
- Jazz: Nicole you are Amazing!...
- Geoffrey Williams: Hi I know I'm kind of late, but congradulations t...
- The Shop: These mannequins are much better than the standard...
- Kristina Bianca: This is going to be great!!! Nicole has been inspi...
- Jennifer Cross: After 20 years in the industry, and having attende...