It was all about the bat for designer Christian Siriano as his inspiration for his fall 2012 collection was based on the bat and the black-and-white 1933 film The Vampire Bat starring 1930s’ actress Fay Wray. Aveda Global Creative Director Antoinette Beenders created a sleek, pulled-back gorgeous ‘do to perfectly personify Siriano’s bat vision. Anchoring [...]
Tibi’s Fall 2012 collection was designed to convey the understated confidence associated with the women of the Beatles era. Using refined structure, the runway was clad with over sized coats, pencil skirts, bold textures and vivid prints. To comp
Nahm’s fall 2012 collection drew inspiration from the divine fashion elegance of legendary icon, Diana Vreeland. Inspired by 1920s sophistication and simplicity, Jon Reyman, lead stylist for Aveda, created a look of bold simplicity for the pres
In early October, 4,000 stylists, haircolorists, makeup artists, students and salon owners gathered at the Minneapolis Convention Center for Aveda Congress 2011. The event, this year called “Pow Wow,” boasted technical and creative presentations from
Sophie Theallet’s spring 2012 collection drew inspiration from the 1969 French movie La Piscine (The Swimming Pool), which was flooded with sexual tension. Playing off this theme, lead stylist for Aveda Didier Malige designed a hair style that looked
This year’s Preen spring show at the IAC building was all about Victorian-era inspiration combined with a modern edge, from ruffled collars on patchwork patterned clothing to precise and elegant hair. Soft pastels and Japanese floral prints swept
Christian Siriano’s spring 2012 collection, shown at Eyebeam, featured lots of flowing pieces in bright tones of coral and underwater hues, which inspired Aveda Global Creative Director Antoinette Beenders to give models’ hair a flirty, textured and
An urban oasis was created under The High Line in NYC, where the 2012 Band of Outsiders spring collection hit the runway. Didier Malige, lead hair stylist for Aveda, created two looks that were called the boy-girl look and the girl-girl look. The
Support the cause and get pretty in pink for Breast Cancer Awareness Month by filling your salon’s retail shelves with these brands’ products: Product: Andis Pink Style Tourmaline/Ionic/Ceramic Hair Dryer Website: andis.com Andis’ pink d
The results of the 2011 American Salon Professional’s Choice Awards are in! You, the reader, have voted for your favorite products in the beauty industry including haircare, tools, makeup and skincare. Here is a close-up look at all of the well-deser
Follow @AmericanSalon on Twitter
- Oribe’s La Fama in Miami; June 9-10 May 23, 2013
- Halo Salon & Day Spa’s Hair Show to Benefit HartSong Ranch Animal Sanctuary May 23, 2013
- Help Beauty Pros Recover from Tornadoes with PBA Disaster Relief Fund Donations May 21, 2013
- Join the Movement to Educate Clients, Protect Licensing May 16, 2013
- Get the Look: Red Carpet Punk for Met Gala May 14, 2013
- Jazz: Nicole you are Amazing!...
- Geoffrey Williams: Hi I know I'm kind of late, but congradulations t...
- The Shop: These mannequins are much better than the standard...
- Kristina Bianca: This is going to be great!!! Nicole has been inspi...
- Jennifer Cross: After 20 years in the industry, and having attende...