Happy Friday! This past week Charlize Theron shaved her head for a movie role and the Examiner remembered her beautiful locks. Also going super short, Glee’s resident hottie with curls Matthew Morrison has taken on the buzz cut himself for the summer season. ABC affiliate in Arizona calls out summer haircare favs, including Aveda and [...]
Mother and daughter team Darlene Misko (mom) and J. Nichole Phillips (daughter) decided to take the big leap into business ownership together and opened the Aveda Concept Trilogy Salon in the affluent neighborhood of Keystone in Indianapolis, Indian
Just today Aveda has announced the appointment of Martin Kaufmann to the position of General Manager, Aveda North America. Kaufmann will lead the acceleration of Aveda’s growth in North America, with oversight of Aveda Retail and Institute Developm
In the May issue of American Salon, we feature fabulous products you can suggest to your clients for the array of issues they’re about to encounter in the upcoming months. As promised, we are prepared to keep you in-the-know all month long with t
In continuation with our Eco Briefs series honoring April as Earth Month, American Salon complied a list of eco-friendly products that are great for the environment and for clients. Take notes and then stock up to save your clients from harsh chemica
As part of our month long blog series, Eco-Briefs, celebrating April as Earth Month, Aveda let American Salon in on their top water conserving secrets. Take these tips and integrate them into your salons, and even your ho
In the March issue of American Salon, we feature fabulous products to add to your arsenal of heat protecting tools. As promised, here’s more heat-stylers that every stylist’s tool kit should include: Agadir’s Argan Oil Spray Treatment can be
The color pink should simply be renamed Betsey Johnson. A total fashion icon and tiny ball of exuberant energy Betsey Johnson showed her Fall 2012 Collection—with plenty of pink—this week to a packed theater at Lincoln Center. The theme of
The character Sophie Theallet created in her fall 2012 show at Milk Studios once lived a life of opulence as a wealthy aristocrat, but now finds herself disconnected from that fortune and refinement. “She still lives a decadent lifestyle, she’s s
Designers Justin Thornton and Thea Bregazzi created a vintage revival of sorts with the Preen fall 2012 collection, which they said, “harkens back to the 60’s couture silhouette and color blocking.” Inspired to create a carefree woman who captu
Follow @AmericanSalon on Twitter
- Oribe’s La Fama in Miami; June 9-10 May 23, 2013
- Halo Salon & Day Spa’s Hair Show to Benefit HartSong Ranch Animal Sanctuary May 23, 2013
- Help Beauty Pros Recover from Tornadoes with PBA Disaster Relief Fund Donations May 21, 2013
- Join the Movement to Educate Clients, Protect Licensing May 16, 2013
- Get the Look: Red Carpet Punk for Met Gala May 14, 2013
- Jazz: Nicole you are Amazing!...
- Geoffrey Williams: Hi I know I'm kind of late, but congradulations t...
- The Shop: These mannequins are much better than the standard...
- Kristina Bianca: This is going to be great!!! Nicole has been inspi...
- Jennifer Cross: After 20 years in the industry, and having attende...