Backstage at The Stage at Lincoln Center, Jon Reyman for Aveda gave long hair an effortless-looking, natural treatment at Charlotte Ronson. First, he prepped strands with Pure Abundance Style Prep and Control Force Firm Hold Hair Spray and parted the hair in the middle. Next, he wrapped sections around his fingers before removing his fingers [...]
The Behnaz Sarafpour show took place at the elegant Jane Hotel, where Aveda’s Antoinette Beenders was backstage crafting beautiful, slightly undone ponytails to complement the 18th century-inspired clothing. “It’s meant to be under-processed ha
Lead Hairstylists for Aveda Frank Rizzieri and Kevin Ryan created a style that was straight and sleek to complement the new simple spring 2013 collection from TIBI shown at Center 548. To get the look, the guys used Pure Abundance Style Prep from
Scott Sternberg, designer of the brand Band Of Outsiders has a thing for the controversial Japanese military thriller Battle Royale from director Kinji Fukasaku, so much so that the film served as inspiration for his Spring 2013 collection that featu
It was all about Nomads for the Spring 2013 Kimberly Ovitz show at Pier 57, my first show as a part of the Spring 2013 Season for Mercedes Benz Fashion Week. The shows lead make up artist Gina Betelli for M.A.C. Cosmetics said the Spring 2013 Kimb
Come October, salons are getting on board to help spread awareness and raise money for breast cancer, which is the leading cancer among women in the United States. Get ready to show your support by stocking your retail area and equipping your salon w
While working on our August exclusive cover feature Dark Shadows, showcasing the Neo Goth collection from Aveda that highlights deep brunettes, reds, and violets, I got the opportunity to become my own version of a Neo Goth girl with a special color
To coincide with our August cover feature Dark Shadows, showcasing the new Neo Goth collection from Aveda, we reveal the color how-tos of The Violette Look. —Aja Edwards Color by Ian Michael Black Aveda Artistic Dire
To coincide with our August cover feature Dark Shadows, showcasing the new Neo Goth collection from Aveda, we reveal the color how-tos of The Carmina Look. —Aja Edwards Color by Yuji Okawa, Master Colorist, Aveda
To coincide with our August cover feature Dark Shadows, showcasing the new Neo Goth collection from Aveda, throughout the month we’ll be revealing the color how-tos of select featured looks. Below we offer a second reveal, The Christabel Look:
Follow @AmericanSalon on Twitter
- Ouidad Names Scott Hauser VP of Sales & Education June 18, 2013
- Charlie Le Mindu African Remix Collection June 18, 2013
- Mirabella Beauty Launches into Gene Juarez Salons and Spas June 18, 2013
- NYC Makeover Event Features New José Eber Styling Tools June 17, 2013
- Get the Look: Summer’s Hottest Hair Trends From Macadamia Natural Oil Global Artist Nathan Cheli June 13, 2013
- Jazz: Nicole you are Amazing!...
- Geoffrey Williams: Hi I know I'm kind of late, but congradulations t...
- The Shop: These mannequins are much better than the standard...
- Kristina Bianca: This is going to be great!!! Nicole has been inspi...
- Jennifer Cross: After 20 years in the industry, and having attende...