Stylists from Aveda salons across the country flocked to the Aveda Advanced Academy in New York City January 13 and 14 for the experience of a lifetime—to participate in two full days of exclusive workshops preparing them to work backstage at New York Fashion Week Fall 2013. Led by Aveda Guest Artist Jon Reyman and [...]
This holiday season, hair care companies have so many great products and tools that we couldn’t fit them all in the October issue of American Salon (Page 72 and 73) so we present more great options for your salon here on the blog, just for you! —
American Salon readers have weighed in on their favorite and most trusted products, giving us this year’s Professional’s Choice Awards winners.
Richard Chai’s spring 2013 collection featured muted pastels, crisp white and light creams with pops of dark navy, and to complement his sophisticated designs he turned to Lead Stylists Frank Rizzieri and Kevin Ryan for Aveda to ensure hair stylin
Jon Reyman for Aveda styled a low pony with a sculptural twist for the the first ever Marimekko Fashion Week show featuring the brand’s Spring/Summer 2013 collection. Known for bright colors and graphic prints, the hair fit in with the brand while al
Betsey Johnson’s show at ESPACE was not only a reveal of her spring 2013 collection, but also a full on party for the designer who turned 70 the day of the collection’s reveal. To celebrate, the show also featured vintage Betsey pieces from the ‘
The Spring 2013 collection from Rebecca Taylor is all about an ultra-cool polished beach girl with flowing dresses, jumpers and separates featuring intricate details, such as gemstones, and easy-on-the-eyes prints. To create this girl for the hair
Christian Siriano’s spring 2013 collection was inspired by a ballerina post-workout with glowing skin, a dewy complexion and a loose, slightly messy and wet ballerina bun on the top of her head. To create this look, Lead Hairstylist Antoinette B
Backstage at The Stage at Lincoln Center, Jon Reyman for Aveda gave long hair an effortless-looking, natural treatment at Charlotte Ronson. First, he prepped strands with Pure Abundance Style Prep and Control Force Firm Hold Hair Spray and parted the
The Behnaz Sarafpour show took place at the elegant Jane Hotel, where Aveda’s Antoinette Beenders was backstage crafting beautiful, slightly undone ponytails to complement the 18th century-inspired clothing. “It’s meant to be under-processed ha
Follow @AmericanSalon on Twitter
- Join the Movement to Educate Clients, Protect Licensing May 16, 2013
- Get the Look: Red Carpet Punk for Met Gala May 14, 2013
- Get the Look: Capri from L’Oréal Professionel’s 2013 Highlights and Balayage Collection May 13, 2013
- Millennium Software and Transworld Systems Announce Joint Offering May 13, 2013
- Capozzi & Co. Salon Plans Fundraiser for America’s VetDogs May 10, 2013
- Jazz: Nicole you are Amazing!...
- Geoffrey Williams: Hi I know I'm kind of late, but congradulations t...
- The Shop: These mannequins are much better than the standard...
- Kristina Bianca: This is going to be great!!! Nicole has been inspi...
- Jennifer Cross: After 20 years in the industry, and having attende...