Aveda is pleased to announce the addition of celebrity hairstylist, Tippi Shorter to the Aveda Global Artistic team. She will be joining the team as the Global Artistic Director for textured hair led by Global Creative Director Antoinette Beenders. “Tippi’s talent and expertise will help us to better serve our guests with textures hair,” says [...]
For the eighth season, Aveda Global Creative Director Antoinette Beenders worked her hairstyling magic backstage at Christian Siriano. To complement the collection’s glamorous designs, Beenders created elegant fishtail-braided updos inspired by the g
For Kimberly Ovitz’s Fall 2013 collection, filled with colorful prints and inspired by “animals and insects with defense mechanisms,” the hair and makeup look followed suit with strong elements. “Think of a squid when it’s attacked,” said Antoinette
Christian Siriano’s spring 2013 collection was inspired by a ballerina post-workout with glowing skin, a dewy complexion and a loose, slightly messy and wet ballerina bun on the top of her head. To create this look, Lead Hairstylist Antoinette B
The Behnaz Sarafpour show took place at the elegant Jane Hotel, where Aveda’s Antoinette Beenders was backstage crafting beautiful, slightly undone ponytails to complement the 18th century-inspired clothing. “It’s meant to be under-processed ha
It was all about Nomads for the Spring 2013 Kimberly Ovitz show at Pier 57, my first show as a part of the Spring 2013 Season for Mercedes Benz Fashion Week. The shows lead make up artist Gina Betelli for M.A.C. Cosmetics said the Spring 2013 Kimb
It was all about the bat for designer Christian Siriano as his inspiration for his fall 2012 collection was based on the bat and the black-and-white 1933 film The Vampire Bat starring 1930s’ actress Fay Wray. Aveda Global Creative Director Antoine
Christian Siriano’s spring 2012 collection, shown at Eyebeam, featured lots of flowing pieces in bright tones of coral and underwater hues, which inspired Aveda Global Creative Director Antoinette Beenders to give models’ hair a flirty, textured and
Christian Siriano, who is known for his extravagant yet sophisticated dresses, was inspired by black orchids for his fall 2011 collection. While the hair and makeup at his shows are usually equally as intricate, he went for a much simpler look this
At the Organic by John Patrick presentation this morning, lead stylist for Aveda Antoinette Beenders was creating a textured, natural look to complement the organic clothing line. “The clothes reminded me of Glastonbury in England—an effortless f
Follow @AmericanSalon on Twitter
- Help Beauty Pros Recover from Tornadoes with PBA Disaster Relief Fund Donations May 21, 2013
- Join the Movement to Educate Clients, Protect Licensing May 16, 2013
- Get the Look: Red Carpet Punk for Met Gala May 14, 2013
- Get the Look: Capri from L’Oréal Professionel’s 2013 Highlights and Balayage Collection May 13, 2013
- Millennium Software and Transworld Systems Announce Joint Offering May 13, 2013
- Jazz: Nicole you are Amazing!...
- Geoffrey Williams: Hi I know I'm kind of late, but congradulations t...
- The Shop: These mannequins are much better than the standard...
- Kristina Bianca: This is going to be great!!! Nicole has been inspi...
- Jennifer Cross: After 20 years in the industry, and having attende...