Bibhu Mohapatra’s fall 2013 collection recalled 1930s-era style, especially legendary photographer Man Ray’s photos of his Parisian muses Kiki du Montparnasse and Lee Miller. Incorporating these ’30s-era elements in the hair, Amit Abraham for L’Oréal Professionnel created a style that also played off the honeycomb patterns in the clothes. To achieve the beautiful updo, Abraham [...]
At Bibhu Mohapatra’s runway show, he called upon Amit Abraham for L’Oréal Professsionnel to translate his symbolism of a luna moth and the transformation of a woman from his new collection into the hairstyle for the show. Abraham decided on a
With a totally Asian-inspired, modern Fall 2012 collection Designer Bibhu Mohapatra looked to L’Oréal Professionnel Master Session Artist Amit Abraham to create a beautiful, sleek look fitting of the modern, sharp collection that featured lots of bo
Some of the world’s best hairdressers met in New York City on February 1, and on the 2nd in Atlantic City, NJ, to promote this spring’s The 4th Dimension: The Day of the Hair Dresser show, produced by Emiliani Enterprises to be held April 15–16
Lead hairstylist Amit Abraham for L’Oreal Professionnel was greatly inspired by the geometry and texture of the fabrics used in Elene Cassis’ spring 2012 collection. “You don’t usually see a lot of texture in spring and summer clothes, so I wanted to
Backstage at the Elene Cassis show, lead stylist for L’Oréal Professionnel Amit Abraham told me he was calling the hair look—an airy diagonal French twist—an “‘American Twist,’ because everything is bigger here.” To get the look, Abraham crimped
Follow @AmericanSalon on Twitter
- Help Beauty Pros Recover from Tornadoes with PBA Disaster Relief Fund Donations May 21, 2013
- Join the Movement to Educate Clients, Protect Licensing May 16, 2013
- Get the Look: Red Carpet Punk for Met Gala May 14, 2013
- Get the Look: Capri from L’Oréal Professionel’s 2013 Highlights and Balayage Collection May 13, 2013
- Millennium Software and Transworld Systems Announce Joint Offering May 13, 2013
- Jazz: Nicole you are Amazing!...
- Geoffrey Williams: Hi I know I'm kind of late, but congradulations t...
- The Shop: These mannequins are much better than the standard...
- Kristina Bianca: This is going to be great!!! Nicole has been inspi...
- Jennifer Cross: After 20 years in the industry, and having attende...