The inspiration for the hair at Alexander Wang’s spring 2013 show at Pier 94 was futurism minimalism according to Redken’s Creative Consultant Guido. Gudio equipped himself with a challenge to use a ponytail but find new ways to make it different, fresh and new from it’s traditional appearance. After applying Satinwear 02 to damp hair, [...]
At the fall 2012 Alexander Wang show the collection was all about texture, with leather and tweed taking the spotlight. Not to take away from the drama of the look, Guido Palau, lead hairstylist for Redken, chose to create hairstyles that were si
At the Spring 2012 Alexander Wang fashion show, Guido, the lead hairstylist for Redken, gave hair a “very downtown look” to complement Wang’s urban fashion. Redken 07 Full Frame Mousse took center stage as he applied an abundance of it to the h
At the Alexander Wang show held at Pier 94, Redken’s Guido sought a “natural bed-heady look” to go with the fall 2011 collection. “I wanted an easy, cool east village style,” Guido said. First, he prepped the hair with Thickening Lotion 06
At the Alexander Wang show at Pier 94, Redken lead stylist Guido gave the models an exaggerated hairstyle that was “super cool, grungy and tomboy-ish.” Forceful 23 was the main ingredient in this look, which featured a low side part, natural texture
Follow @AmericanSalon on Twitter
- Oribe’s La Fama in Miami; June 9-10 May 23, 2013
- Halo Salon & Day Spa’s Hair Show to Benefit HartSong Ranch Animal Sanctuary May 23, 2013
- Help Beauty Pros Recover from Tornadoes with PBA Disaster Relief Fund Donations May 21, 2013
- Join the Movement to Educate Clients, Protect Licensing May 16, 2013
- Get the Look: Red Carpet Punk for Met Gala May 14, 2013
- Jazz: Nicole you are Amazing!...
- Geoffrey Williams: Hi I know I'm kind of late, but congradulations t...
- The Shop: These mannequins are much better than the standard...
- Kristina Bianca: This is going to be great!!! Nicole has been inspi...
- Jennifer Cross: After 20 years in the industry, and having attende...