I just got back from a morning visit to the new location of the Pierre Michel Salon, a New York City institution for more than 40 years. I’ll have more info and images in an upcoming issue of the magazine, but I just had to report back about how great the new space is. Although this location is 4,000 square feet larger than the last one, there are only five additional chairs. As co-owner Pierre Ouaknine told me, “We took the larger space not for more clients, but for more comfort.” To that end, stylist stations aren’t crammed together and there’s an air of privacy around each section of the salon. Add that to stunning and functional custom-made furniture, an elaborate cappuccino bar (with complimentary morning and afternoon snacks during the two-month “opening”), and the same high level of service the salon is known for, this latest incarnation seems like it will only add to Pierre Michel’s tradition of excellence. Official photos of the salon haven’t been released yet, but here’s an artist’s rendering of the new space:
Sneak Peek at Pierre Michel Salon’s New Space
- No related posts found
Leave a Reply Click here to cancel reply.
Follow @AmericanSalon on Twitter
- Ouidad Names Scott Hauser VP of Sales & Education June 18, 2013
- Charlie Le Mindu African Remix Collection June 18, 2013
- Mirabella Beauty Launches into Gene Juarez Salons and Spas June 18, 2013
- NYC Makeover Event Features New José Eber Styling Tools June 17, 2013
- Get the Look: Summer’s Hottest Hair Trends From Macadamia Natural Oil Global Artist Nathan Cheli June 13, 2013
- Jazz: Nicole you are Amazing!...
- Geoffrey Williams: Hi I know I'm kind of late, but congradulations t...
- The Shop: These mannequins are much better than the standard...
- Kristina Bianca: This is going to be great!!! Nicole has been inspi...
- Jennifer Cross: After 20 years in the industry, and having attende...
Andis Antoinette Beenders aveda CND dermalogica Essie Eva Scrivo Farouk Systems Fashion Week fashion week fall 2010 goldwell guido Jan Arnold Jason Backe Joico L'OrÃ©al Professionnel M.A.C. MAC Cosmetics matrix Mercedes-Benz Fashion Week Moroccanoil napoleon perdis Nick Irwin Odile Gilbert OPI Oribe oribe hair care orlando pita paul mitchell PBA Phyto Professional Beauty Association Pureology Redken Rene Furterer Rodney Cutler sam villa Sebastian Professional T3 ted gibson TIGI Tom Pecheux Wella Wella Professionals Wendy Watkins