Celebrity stylist Ted Gibson and L’Oréal Professionnel Celebrity Colorist Jason Backe, co-owners of Ted Gibson Salons in Manhattan and Washington, D.C., teamed up to shoot this exclusive feature for American Salon highlighting the versatility of L’Oréal Professionnel’s INOA color. The concept of the feature, shot by notable photographer Joshua Jordan, was to use the haircolor to explore the two sides to every woman: a feminine, “soft” side and an edgy, “hard” side. Backe used the ammonia-free color—and a few of the company’s other haircolor lines—on natural hair and wigs from HairUWear to create soft and edgy looks for each of the three models, while Gibson styled each look using a variety of techniques. Makeup artist Scott McMahan, fashion stylist Rod Novoa and manicurist Kriss Kiss put the finishing touches on each look. Here’s a look at the making of the shoot.
Behind the Scenes With American Salon and INOA!
- L’Oréal Professionnel Hosts Event with Jason Backe at Ted Gibson Salon in NYC
- Pics from L’Oreal Professionnel’s INOA Launch Event
- The Much-Anticipated Debut of L’Oreal Professionnel’s INOA Haircolor
- Colorist Jason Backe’s Gorgeous Take on Autumn
- Experiencing L’Oréal Professionnel’s New INOA Haircolor
Leave a Reply Click here to cancel reply.
Follow @AmericanSalon on Twitter
- Help Beauty Pros Recover from Tornadoes with PBA Disaster Relief Fund Donations May 21, 2013
- Join the Movement to Educate Clients, Protect Licensing May 16, 2013
- Get the Look: Red Carpet Punk for Met Gala May 14, 2013
- Get the Look: Capri from L’Oréal Professionel’s 2013 Highlights and Balayage Collection May 13, 2013
- Millennium Software and Transworld Systems Announce Joint Offering May 13, 2013
- Jazz: Nicole you are Amazing!...
- Geoffrey Williams: Hi I know I'm kind of late, but congradulations t...
- The Shop: These mannequins are much better than the standard...
- Kristina Bianca: This is going to be great!!! Nicole has been inspi...
- Jennifer Cross: After 20 years in the industry, and having attende...
Andis Antoinette Beenders aveda CND dermalogica Essie Eva Scrivo Farouk Systems Fashion Week fashion week fall 2010 goldwell guido Jan Arnold Jason Backe Joico L'OrÃ©al Professionnel M.A.C. MAC Cosmetics matrix Mercedes-Benz Fashion Week Moroccanoil napoleon perdis Nick Irwin Odile Gilbert OPI Oribe oribe hair care orlando pita paul mitchell PBA Phyto Professional Beauty Association Pureology Redken Rene Furterer Rodney Cutler sam villa Sebastian Professional T3 ted gibson TIGI Tom Pecheux Wella Wella Professionals Wendy Watkins