As many of you regular readers know, I have a small obsession with reality TV shows relating to beauty and fashion. Of all the shows I watch, however, I consider America’s Next Top Model to be my guiltiest pleasure (please don’t judge me for my weakness for cheesiness and catfights!). The show is known for [...]
Eva Scrivo recently hosted a launch party at her newest salon location in Manhattan’s Meatpacking District on West 13th Street, which complements the flagship salon on Bond Street. The second floor 5,000-square-foot loft space, located in a former wa
How is the movie titled â€œYour Lifeâ€ playing out? You are the director, producer and have the starring role. Is it a comedy, a drama or a horror film? Letâ€™s look at how to create a successful â€œfilm.â€ What would yo
On Monday, I attended a celebration of Patrick Wellingtonâ€™s 25 years in the haircare industry at his eponymous salon, Wellington Hair Spa, in Manhattanâ€™s Chelsea neighborhood. The event was hosted by haircare brand Mizani and Stacie
Last week, American Salon Senior Editor Lori Morris and I checked out Rare Salon’s new Redken Color Lab at a launch party attended by press members and VIP clients. Ruth Roche, the founder of the salon, which is located in the Tribeca neighborh
Last week, American Salon Senior Editor Lori Morris and I checked out Rare Salonâ€™s new Redken Color Lab at a launch party attended by press members and VIP clients. Ruth Roche, the founder of the salon, which is located in the Tribeca
The Professional Beauty Association (PBA) has a mentor program for salons and spas to give struggling establishments the opportunity to work with a seasoned professional within the industry, for little or no cost. PBA volunteer mentors are availab
If you are a past North American Hairstyling Awards (NAHA) winner, the Professional Beauty Association (PBA) would like to honor you at this year’s NAHA celebration, NAHA 20, themed “Honoring the Work. Stories. Style!” and commemarating 20 succes
Redkenâ€™s new online video series, The Hair Files: How-To Guides for Stylish Hair Everyday, demonstrates how to recreate popular salon hairstyles, with exclusive stylist trips from Redken experts Rodney Cutler, David Stanko and Jenny Balding. T
During the recent Fashion Week Fall 2009, I had the opportunity to attend the runway shows of J.Mendel and Juan Carlos Obando. I also went backstage before each of them to check out the hair and makeup. At J.Mendel, lead hairstylist Odile Gilbert cre
Follow @AmericanSalon on Twitter
- Ouidad Names Scott Hauser VP of Sales & Education June 18, 2013
- Charlie Le Mindu African Remix Collection June 18, 2013
- Mirabella Beauty Launches into Gene Juarez Salons and Spas June 18, 2013
- NYC Makeover Event Features New José Eber Styling Tools June 17, 2013
- Get the Look: Summer’s Hottest Hair Trends From Macadamia Natural Oil Global Artist Nathan Cheli June 13, 2013
- Jazz: Nicole you are Amazing!...
- Geoffrey Williams: Hi I know I'm kind of late, but congradulations t...
- The Shop: These mannequins are much better than the standard...
- Kristina Bianca: This is going to be great!!! Nicole has been inspi...
- Jennifer Cross: After 20 years in the industry, and having attende...