American Salon is now on Twitter! We’ll be tweeting everything from random thoughts and observations to real-time event coverage and pictures. We’ll also keep you posted whenever new blog entries go up. Follow us (username: AmericanSalon) to see all the updates! http://twitter.com/AmericanSalon Also, we’re interested in hearing how using Twitter has helped your salon or [...]
As one of the largest purchasers of organic ingredients in the personal care industry, Aveda is eco-conscious all year round. During Earth Month, however, the company really kicks up t
Earth Day is April 22, but many people use this entire week to raise awareness about environmental issues. As salon owners, you have the power to make a difference, whether it’s by installing energy-efficient lighting and appliances, starting a recyc
As many of you regular readers know, I have a small obsession with reality TV shows relating to beauty and fashion. Of all the shows I watch, however, I consider America’s Next Top Model to be my guiltiest pleasure (please don’t judge me for my w
Eva Scrivo recently hosted a launch party at her newest salon location in Manhattan’s Meatpacking District on West 13th Street, which complements the flagship salon on Bond Street. The second floor 5,000-square-foot loft space, located in a former wa
How is the movie titled â€œYour Lifeâ€ playing out? You are the director, producer and have the starring role. Is it a comedy, a drama or a horror film? Letâ€™s look at how to create a successful â€œfilm.â€ What would yo
On Monday, I attended a celebration of Patrick Wellingtonâ€™s 25 years in the haircare industry at his eponymous salon, Wellington Hair Spa, in Manhattanâ€™s Chelsea neighborhood. The event was hosted by haircare brand Mizani and Stacie
Last week, American Salon Senior Editor Lori Morris and I checked out Rare Salon’s new Redken Color Lab at a launch party attended by press members and VIP clients. Ruth Roche, the founder of the salon, which is located in the Tribeca neighborh
Last week, American Salon Senior Editor Lori Morris and I checked out Rare Salonâ€™s new Redken Color Lab at a launch party attended by press members and VIP clients. Ruth Roche, the founder of the salon, which is located in the Tribeca
The Professional Beauty Association (PBA) has a mentor program for salons and spas to give struggling establishments the opportunity to work with a seasoned professional within the industry, for little or no cost. PBA volunteer mentors are availab
Follow @AmericanSalon on Twitter
- Join the Movement to Educate Clients, Protect Licensing May 16, 2013
- Get the Look: Red Carpet Punk for Met Gala May 14, 2013
- Get the Look: Capri from L’Oréal Professionel’s 2013 Highlights and Balayage Collection May 13, 2013
- Millennium Software and Transworld Systems Announce Joint Offering May 13, 2013
- Capozzi & Co. Salon Plans Fundraiser for America’s VetDogs May 10, 2013
- Jazz: Nicole you are Amazing!...
- Geoffrey Williams: Hi I know I'm kind of late, but congradulations t...
- The Shop: These mannequins are much better than the standard...
- Kristina Bianca: This is going to be great!!! Nicole has been inspi...
- Jennifer Cross: After 20 years in the industry, and having attende...