I really enjoyed working recently with a Canadian Redken distributorâ€”Maritime in Halifax, Nova Scotia. First, I LOVE the lobster up there! But also, I find Canadian hairdressers receptive, hungry for education and highly skilled. I had the honor of presenting the award to the hairdresser who will represent the Atlantic region in Redken Canadaâ€™s National [...]
We can’t wait for this year’s International Beauty Show (IBS) in New York City, which starts tomorrow morning. We’ll be attending classes, checking out the mainstage performances and scouring the the show floor for the best new products–and then blo
Hello My Fellow Beauty Connoisseurs, I just came back from a brilliant trip to N.Y.C., and I feel so inspired from what I have seen. There was so much art, music and people watching, and I had a great time working on a show for the Wella Team
Salon Wish, a division of SpaFinder, announced it will be the primary sponsor of the ’01′ car driven by NASCAR driver Danny O’Quinn, Jr. in the upcoming Aaron’s 312 NASCAR Nationwide Series Race at Talledega Superspeedway in Talledega, AL. “We jumpe
Why pink is the new redâ€¦ Red is always classic but this spring pink brings you in sync with the times. Whether itâ€™s day at the office, a night out on the town or a weekend at the beach, pink lipstick looks irresistibly fresh. And there
Enough with the rainâ€”we’re ready for summer already! Haircare manufacturers are gearing up for summer, too, with a host of new releases to protect strands from the damaging elements of summer: sun, salt water and chlorine. With so many clients
International Beauty Show (IBS) New York, presented by American Salon, starts THIS Sunday, April 26! Register now for access to amazing artists and educatorsâ€”including Kim Vo, Christo, Orlando Pita, Nick Arrojo, Sh
To commemorate 35 years in the salon business, Fantastic Sams is offering guests the Cutting Edge Combo for $35 between May 11 and June 29. The combo includes a cut and additional services and products, depending on the salon’s location. “Quality and
As the weather begins to get warmer, people are gearing up for a few months of outdoor activities and catching some rays by the pool or on the beach. However, the sun, heat, humidity and chlorine can wreak havoc on the hair, especially curly hair
Let me start by saying I love my work. It is my life’s passion, and opening up a salon with my name on the door was a dream come true. But with that comes the never-ending commitment to try and make every client happy (and loyal). Meeting clie
Follow @AmericanSalon on Twitter
- Help Beauty Pros Recover from Tornadoes with PBA Disaster Relief Fund Donations May 21, 2013
- Join the Movement to Educate Clients, Protect Licensing May 16, 2013
- Get the Look: Red Carpet Punk for Met Gala May 14, 2013
- Get the Look: Capri from L’Oréal Professionel’s 2013 Highlights and Balayage Collection May 13, 2013
- Millennium Software and Transworld Systems Announce Joint Offering May 13, 2013
- Jazz: Nicole you are Amazing!...
- Geoffrey Williams: Hi I know I'm kind of late, but congradulations t...
- The Shop: These mannequins are much better than the standard...
- Kristina Bianca: This is going to be great!!! Nicole has been inspi...
- Jennifer Cross: After 20 years in the industry, and having attende...