I attended The Makeup Show NYC yesterday at the Metropolitan Pavilion, where hundreds of makeup artists checked out makeup companies’ booths, shopped, and attended seminars and workshops led by industry heavy-hitters. Popular booths included Make Up For Ever, where Creator and Artistic Director Dany Sanz transformed a male model into a glamorous diva; Obsessive Compulsive [...]
Milano Software, a business solution software company for salons and spas, announced a “Win a Year’s Worth of New Shoes” contest. The contest is open to management, staff and students in the beauty industry, including hair stylists, colorists, esthet
Just a reminder to register for Monday’s Redken webinar The Power of PR: Getting Press For Your Salon, featuring American Salon’s very own editor in chief, Marianne Dougherty, and Redken Senior Director of Public Relations Darienne Howe. They will sh
Recently, my dear friend Katie Crawford asked me to do her hair for her upcoming nuptials. How could I resist? We have been friends forever, and she is the closest thing to my sister. Knowing Katie, no stone would be left unturned, and this weekend w
Tweezerman is donating one dollar for every Zip File sold to Smile Train, an organization that dedicates itself to correcting cleft lips and palates in 75 developing countries. The Zip File is a retractable and portable nail file, which features dual
Do you remember summer vacation when you were a kid? There was a countdown to how many more days of school were left. When the last day of school arrived, we celebrated with our friends with cupcakes and soda and then headed to the playground! With s
As part of OPI’s newly redesigned website, visitors can now “try on” more than 200 nail polish colors. The Try It On Color Studio allows you to adjust a virtual hand’s skin color and nail length to match your own, then pick different colors to se
Greetings my fellow beauty connoisseurs, What do you get when you bring thousands of fashionistas together under a huge umbrella? Itâ€™s the one and only IBS New York show. This Jet is soaring from seeing so much talent and passionâ€”I
Hairstylist Cristiano Cora recently held an Advanced Creative Cutting and Color class at his Manhattan salon, Cristiano Cora Studio, with support from Davines that was attended by stylists from the United States and abroad. The hands-on workshops, wh
On May 18, American Salon’s very own editor in chief, Marianne Dougherty, will be leading a webinar called The Power of PR: Getting Press For Your Salon as part of Redken’s Professional Edge Webinar Series. Marianne and Redken Senior Director of Publ
Follow @AmericanSalon on Twitter
- Donate to PBA’s Issue Advocacy Fund For A Chance To Win A Samsung Galaxy Note! June 19, 2013
- Ouidad Names Scott Hauser VP of Sales & Education June 18, 2013
- Charlie Le Mindu African Remix Collection June 18, 2013
- Mirabella Beauty Launches into Gene Juarez Salons and Spas June 18, 2013
- NYC Makeover Event Features New José Eber Styling Tools June 17, 2013
- Jazz: Nicole you are Amazing!...
- Geoffrey Williams: Hi I know I'm kind of late, but congradulations t...
- The Shop: These mannequins are much better than the standard...
- Kristina Bianca: This is going to be great!!! Nicole has been inspi...
- Jennifer Cross: After 20 years in the industry, and having attende...