Do you remember summer vacation when you were a kid? There was a countdown to how many more days of school were left. When the last day of school arrived, we celebrated with our friends with cupcakes and soda and then headed to the playground! With summer right around the corner, it is a good [...]
As part of OPI’s newly redesigned website, visitors can now “try on” more than 200 nail polish colors. The Try It On Color Studio allows you to adjust a virtual hand’s skin color and nail length to match your own, then pick different colors to se
Greetings my fellow beauty connoisseurs, What do you get when you bring thousands of fashionistas together under a huge umbrella? Itâ€™s the one and only IBS New York show. This Jet is soaring from seeing so much talent and passionâ€”I
Hairstylist Cristiano Cora recently held an Advanced Creative Cutting and Color class at his Manhattan salon, Cristiano Cora Studio, with support from Davines that was attended by stylists from the United States and abroad. The hands-on workshops, wh
On May 18, American Salon’s very own editor in chief, Marianne Dougherty, will be leading a webinar called The Power of PR: Getting Press For Your Salon as part of Redken’s Professional Edge Webinar Series. Marianne and Redken Senior Director of Publ
Clairol Professional is offering consumers and professional colorists the chance to win a trip for two to the 2010 Gospel Fest in Chicago by entering the Go from Gray to Gorgeous Challenge. Entrants simply trade their grays for one of five semiperman
From American Salon’s May “Kim Vo on the Go” column: Weâ€™re seeing a lot more long hair these daysâ€”a common solution as the weather warms up and clients clamor for greater flexibility in the face of the seasonâ€™s outdoor lif
We are very sad to report that Guy Mascolo, an industry legend who, with his brother Toni, founded Toni&Guy, has died suddenly after suffering a massive heart attack. Please see the full obituary below. Obituary – Guy Mascolo, February 29, 194
We are very sad to report that Guy Mascolo, an industry legend who, with his brother Toni, founded Toni&Guy, has died suddenly after suffering a massive heart attack. Please see the full obituary below. Obituary – Guy Mascolo, February 29,
“You want to know what comes between me and my Calvins? Nothing,” said Brooke Shields in a late 1970s steamy campaign thatâ€™s still remembered today. If you ask me, thereâ€™s only one thing that should come between a woman and her makeup
Follow @AmericanSalon on Twitter
- Oribe’s La Fama in Miami; June 9-10 May 23, 2013
- Halo Salon & Day Spa’s Hair Show to Benefit HartSong Ranch Animal Sanctuary May 23, 2013
- Help Beauty Pros Recover from Tornadoes with PBA Disaster Relief Fund Donations May 21, 2013
- Join the Movement to Educate Clients, Protect Licensing May 16, 2013
- Get the Look: Red Carpet Punk for Met Gala May 14, 2013
- Jazz: Nicole you are Amazing!...
- Geoffrey Williams: Hi I know I'm kind of late, but congradulations t...
- The Shop: These mannequins are much better than the standard...
- Kristina Bianca: This is going to be great!!! Nicole has been inspi...
- Jennifer Cross: After 20 years in the industry, and having attende...