Known for her gorgeous golden hair, Kate Hudson has been spotted on the set of her new movie The Killer Inside Me with brown locks. What do you think of her new haircolor? I personally hope that the new look is just for the role …
Want to show off your eye-catching business card? We feature salons’ business cards with notable designs every month in American Salon’s Better Business section. For consideration, simply send us your card to the address below, along with a short des
With the increasing consumer attention in recent years, I am regularly asked about specific properties and features of minerals makeup. The most frequent question I get is, â€œWhat is mineral makeup and how is it different than traditional ma
American Salon’s Eastern Region Account Manager, Jamie Corkran, recently visited Angelo David Hair Salon in NYC to update her style. While there, she posed with (from left) Redken Master Specialist Danny Pierce; salon owner David Stanko, a Redken col
As an editor, I often meet with companies about new products, but today’s meeting with Luminess Air was by far the most unique one yet! I met with Luminess VP of Sales Freddie Fuller, Luminess Air National Artistic Director Marc Harvey and Megan
I attended The Makeup Show NYC yesterday at the Metropolitan Pavilion, where hundreds of makeup artists checked out makeup companies’ booths, shopped, and attended seminars and workshops led by industry heavy-hitters. Popular booths included Make Up
Milano Software, a business solution software company for salons and spas, announced a “Win a Year’s Worth of New Shoes” contest. The contest is open to management, staff and students in the beauty industry, including hair stylists, colorists, esthet
Just a reminder to register for Monday’s Redken webinar The Power of PR: Getting Press For Your Salon, featuring American Salon’s very own editor in chief, Marianne Dougherty, and Redken Senior Director of Public Relations Darienne Howe. They will sh
Recently, my dear friend Katie Crawford asked me to do her hair for her upcoming nuptials. How could I resist? We have been friends forever, and she is the closest thing to my sister. Knowing Katie, no stone would be left unturned, and this weekend w
Tweezerman is donating one dollar for every Zip File sold to Smile Train, an organization that dedicates itself to correcting cleft lips and palates in 75 developing countries. The Zip File is a retractable and portable nail file, which features dual
Follow @AmericanSalon on Twitter
- Oribe’s La Fama in Miami; June 9-10 May 23, 2013
- Halo Salon & Day Spa’s Hair Show to Benefit HartSong Ranch Animal Sanctuary May 23, 2013
- Help Beauty Pros Recover from Tornadoes with PBA Disaster Relief Fund Donations May 21, 2013
- Join the Movement to Educate Clients, Protect Licensing May 16, 2013
- Get the Look: Red Carpet Punk for Met Gala May 14, 2013
- Jazz: Nicole you are Amazing!...
- Geoffrey Williams: Hi I know I'm kind of late, but congradulations t...
- The Shop: These mannequins are much better than the standard...
- Kristina Bianca: This is going to be great!!! Nicole has been inspi...
- Jennifer Cross: After 20 years in the industry, and having attende...