Hello my fellow beauty connoisseurs: The color temperature is rising, and blondes are scorching for summer! Whether itâ€™s highlighting, slicing, paneling or all over color, letâ€™s freshen our blondes up, or better yet, reinvent them. I have to admit it, there is just something about a blonde! She has the ability to morph into whatever [...]
The Clairol Professional Beautiful Collection Pop-up Salon at the 25th Annual Gospel Music Festival was a hit with Chicagoans. Beautiful Collection Advanced Gray Solution is a breakthrough semipermanent haircolor developed specifically for relaxed an
To celebrate the 10th anniversary of The Loft Hair Design & Skin Care in Escondido, CA, founder Shawna Cruise decided to transform regular San Diegoans into walking avant garde works of artâ€”and launch an online gallery to share the res
The National Cosmetology Association (NCA) has announced that it has postponed SalonLife ’09. The industry event, which was due to take place August 2-3 in Chicago, has not yet been rescheduled at this time. The NCA delegates annual meeting will con
Kenra just launched two innovative styling products to fight summer’s bad hair days: Shine Spray and Shine Serum. Shine Spray, a superfine aerosol mist containing sunflower seed extract, cosmetic-grade silicones and hydrolyzed silk, controls frizz an
While many performers took to the stage at last night’s 63rd-annual Tony Awards, the styles on the red carpet were anything but theatrical. According to Pureology PureArtist Sherilynn Smart, the theme of the evening was casual, natural elegance, and
As part of its ongoing Professional Edge Webinar Series, which offers monthly tips for business-building and professional growth, Redken will debut “Conquering Retailphobia with Kristi Valenzuela” on Monday, June 8, at 6pm EST. Understand t
Patrick McIvor has just been announced as the new Artistic Color Director for Matrix. See full release below: For Immediate Release Patrick McIvor Joins Matrix as Artistic Color Director June, 2009 (New York, NY) â€“ Karrie Fonte, A
Laboratory Hair Studio in Morristown, NJ, recently hosted a national launch event for the signature Oribe luxury haircare product line, created by iconic celebrity hairstylist Oribe Canales. As part of the event, Oribe gave a three-hour demonstration
For City of Hope’s National Professional Salon Industry 2009 Spirit of Life Dinner & Masquerade Ball honoring Pureology’s Cheryl and Jim Markham, American Salon publisher and event co-chair Brett Vinovich asked some of the top names in the beauty
Follow @AmericanSalon on Twitter
- Help Beauty Pros Recover from Tornadoes with PBA Disaster Relief Fund Donations May 21, 2013
- Join the Movement to Educate Clients, Protect Licensing May 16, 2013
- Get the Look: Red Carpet Punk for Met Gala May 14, 2013
- Get the Look: Capri from L’Oréal Professionel’s 2013 Highlights and Balayage Collection May 13, 2013
- Millennium Software and Transworld Systems Announce Joint Offering May 13, 2013
- Jazz: Nicole you are Amazing!...
- Geoffrey Williams: Hi I know I'm kind of late, but congradulations t...
- The Shop: These mannequins are much better than the standard...
- Kristina Bianca: This is going to be great!!! Nicole has been inspi...
- Jennifer Cross: After 20 years in the industry, and having attende...