The Friends of the High Line hosted a summer benefit at Pier Sixty in Manhattan this June to celebrate the non-profit organizationâ€™s 10th anniversary. Honored were actor and board member Edward Norton and board members Lisa Marie and Philip Falcone. An after-party was held on the High Line itself. The High Line was built in [...]
Celebrity makeup artist Damone Robertsâ€”youâ€™ve seen him on TLCâ€™s 10 Years Youngerâ€”hosted a group of makeup artists from all over the world at his New York City brow studio where they learned how to shape eyebrows just like
CND held a press event in Manhattan to announce the companyâ€™s biggest launch in 10 years. Coming this fall: 50 rich crÃ¨me colors that can be customized by adding one of 15 Special Effects in hues ranging from lavender to gold. Choose from t
Jan Arnold, co-founder of CND, celebrated her birthday and CNDâ€™s 30th birthday at Hudson Terrace in Manhattan recently. I was lucky enough to be invited to the event, which included members of Team Red, in town for CNDâ€™s biggest launch
I saw a bumper sticker the other day that said: â€œDo not believe everything you think.â€ Those are very wise words. As someone who lives a self-examined life, I can spend a lot of time thinking about what I am thinking about. Sometimes tha
Summer is here, and we have the tan lines, memories and Facebook pictures to prove it. We also have the hair that takes the heat through, and if hair could talk, we would be paying blackmail money daily just to keep it quiet. All the fun, sun
Salon branding is often the key to building clientele and attracting top stylists. Building the Cutler/Redken Salon name as a brand has allowed us to reach new heights, achieve longevity and imprint our name in the toughest marketplaces. The right mi
Pureology Serious Colour Care is the exclusive haircare and styling sponsor for the National Ovarian Cancer Coalition (NOCC). Pureology is helping build awareness of this disease with its limited edition Break the Silence PureVolume Collection, which
Fear is a stylistâ€™s biggest enemy. In fact, most people in our industry spend their entire careers being afraid. Afraid of not being busy enough or of not having enough assistant support if you are; that a client will have to wait a few ex
Renowned editorial stylist Odile Gilbert joined with Leonor Greyl to create the distinctive looks in the company’s 2009 sumer collection. The sensual, natural hairstyles seen on model Marpessa Hennink were intended to showcase the Leonor Greyl pr
Follow @AmericanSalon on Twitter
- Donate to PBA’s Issue Advocacy Fund For A Chance To Win A Samsung Galaxy Note! June 19, 2013
- Ouidad Names Scott Hauser VP of Sales & Education June 18, 2013
- Charlie Le Mindu African Remix Collection June 18, 2013
- Mirabella Beauty Launches into Gene Juarez Salons and Spas June 18, 2013
- NYC Makeover Event Features New José Eber Styling Tools June 17, 2013
- Jazz: Nicole you are Amazing!...
- Geoffrey Williams: Hi I know I'm kind of late, but congradulations t...
- The Shop: These mannequins are much better than the standard...
- Kristina Bianca: This is going to be great!!! Nicole has been inspi...
- Jennifer Cross: After 20 years in the industry, and having attende...