Summer is here, and we have the tan lines, memories and Facebook pictures to prove it. We also have the hair that takes the heat through, and if hair could talk, we would be paying blackmail money daily just to keep it quiet. All the fun, sun and highlights will definitely take its toll on [...]
Salon branding is often the key to building clientele and attracting top stylists. Building the Cutler/Redken Salon name as a brand has allowed us to reach new heights, achieve longevity and imprint our name in the toughest marketplaces. The right mi
Pureology Serious Colour Care is the exclusive haircare and styling sponsor for the National Ovarian Cancer Coalition (NOCC). Pureology is helping build awareness of this disease with its limited edition Break the Silence PureVolume Collection, which
Fear is a stylistâ€™s biggest enemy. In fact, most people in our industry spend their entire careers being afraid. Afraid of not being busy enough or of not having enough assistant support if you are; that a client will have to wait a few ex
Renowned editorial stylist Odile Gilbert joined with Leonor Greyl to create the distinctive looks in the company’s 2009 sumer collection. The sensual, natural hairstyles seen on model Marpessa Hennink were intended to showcase the Leonor Greyl pr
Sebastian Professional recently sponsored Hollywood Life magazineâ€™s 11th Annual Young Hollywood Awards in Los Angeles, CA. Sebastian partnered with the stylist team from Hollywood’s Hairroin Salon to offer pre-event services and treatment
Independence Day meant only one thing: Summer is now in full swing. Toasty temperatures may be good for the mind, but not so much the hair, which often ends up dried-out and frizzy from the damaging effects of sun, saltwa
So many looks, so many interpretations, so many decisions! Which tells the â€œperfect storyâ€ and which has pushed technique and creativity to the max? Which will be the best creative artist to represent the United States and win top hon
Napoleon Perdis introduced his new fall makeup collection, The Divine Marchesa, at a press event at his apartment in New York City earlier this week. The collection is exclusive to Napoleon Perdis concept stores and ULTA nationwide. â€œNapole
Ouidad (a.k.a. The Queen of Curl) wants curly-haired ladies to embrace their natural hair by entering the If These Curls Could Talk! contest. To enter, visit ouidad.com, upload a picture of your curly ‘do and, using the provided “talk bubbles,” tell
Follow @AmericanSalon on Twitter
- Oribe’s La Fama in Miami; June 9-10 May 23, 2013
- Halo Salon & Day Spa’s Hair Show to Benefit HartSong Ranch Animal Sanctuary May 23, 2013
- Help Beauty Pros Recover from Tornadoes with PBA Disaster Relief Fund Donations May 21, 2013
- Join the Movement to Educate Clients, Protect Licensing May 16, 2013
- Get the Look: Red Carpet Punk for Met Gala May 14, 2013
- Jazz: Nicole you are Amazing!...
- Geoffrey Williams: Hi I know I'm kind of late, but congradulations t...
- The Shop: These mannequins are much better than the standard...
- Kristina Bianca: This is going to be great!!! Nicole has been inspi...
- Jennifer Cross: After 20 years in the industry, and having attende...