Iâ€™m frequently asked, â€œWhatâ€™s the buzz?â€ For me, hair follows fashion. All year Iâ€™ve been talking about the collision of fabrics and silhouettes that sees, for example, a billowy chiffon skirt topped with a black cropped leather jacket. Metallics are the latest to enter into the mix, so a sexy, skintight bustier dress might be [...]
Michelle Obama fooled everyone into thinking she had chopped off her hair last night when she debuted a shorter summer bob at a country music event at the White House. The First Lady’s hairstylist, Johnny Wright, later explained that Obama’s new ‘do
Funnyman Will Ferrell is lending his nameâ€”and his bodyâ€”to a line of sunscreens that benefits the non-profit charity Cancer for College, which was started by Ferrell’s University of Southern California fraternity brother, Craig Pollard.
Â Although there’s been speculation for months (and Ted has tweeted about working on the show), it was officially announced today that celebrity stylist Ted Gibson will be the new hair guru on What Not To Wear. Gibson, whose clients include
Is there any creature sexier right now than the vampire? The cute kids from Twilight, Rob Pattinson and Kristin Stewart, are steaming up screens, selling magazines and causing teenagers to go weak at the knees at public appearances. The cast of H
The Friends of the High Line hosted a summer benefit at Pier Sixty in Manhattan this June to celebrate the non-profit organizationâ€™s 10th anniversary. Honored were actor and board member Edward Norton and board members Lisa Marie and Philip Fa
Celebrity makeup artist Damone Robertsâ€”youâ€™ve seen him on TLCâ€™s 10 Years Youngerâ€”hosted a group of makeup artists from all over the world at his New York City brow studio where they learned how to shape eyebrows just like
CND held a press event in Manhattan to announce the companyâ€™s biggest launch in 10 years. Coming this fall: 50 rich crÃ¨me colors that can be customized by adding one of 15 Special Effects in hues ranging from lavender to gold. Choose from t
Jan Arnold, co-founder of CND, celebrated her birthday and CNDâ€™s 30th birthday at Hudson Terrace in Manhattan recently. I was lucky enough to be invited to the event, which included members of Team Red, in town for CNDâ€™s biggest launch
I saw a bumper sticker the other day that said: â€œDo not believe everything you think.â€ Those are very wise words. As someone who lives a self-examined life, I can spend a lot of time thinking about what I am thinking about. Sometimes tha
Follow @AmericanSalon on Twitter
- Oribe’s La Fama in Miami; June 9-10 May 23, 2013
- Halo Salon & Day Spa’s Hair Show to Benefit HartSong Ranch Animal Sanctuary May 23, 2013
- Help Beauty Pros Recover from Tornadoes with PBA Disaster Relief Fund Donations May 21, 2013
- Join the Movement to Educate Clients, Protect Licensing May 16, 2013
- Get the Look: Red Carpet Punk for Met Gala May 14, 2013
- Jazz: Nicole you are Amazing!...
- Geoffrey Williams: Hi I know I'm kind of late, but congradulations t...
- The Shop: These mannequins are much better than the standard...
- Kristina Bianca: This is going to be great!!! Nicole has been inspi...
- Jennifer Cross: After 20 years in the industry, and having attende...