In support of Breast Cancer Awareness month and Domestic Violence Awareness Month, the National Cosmetology Association (NCA) is encouraging spas and salons to host their own Dining For Change event in October to help make a difference in the lives of those impacted by cancer and domestic violence. If hosting the event is not an [...]
Hair Rules! The Ultimate Hair-Care Guide for Women with Kinky, Curly, or Wavy Hair by Hair Rules founder Anthony Dickey is now required reading for some students at The Fashion Institute of Design and Merchandising (FIDM) in Los Angeles. FIDM is an a
I recently held a stylist meeting, as I do quarterly, to discuss a range of topics from inspirations to business building. The meeting started as usual, with my husband/business partner, Arik, and me sharing what’s going on within the salon, upcoming
A lot of hairdressers would like to travel the world educating other stylists. Working with Redken, I have the opportunity to do this frequently, and I would certainly encourage any talented cutter or colorist t
Oops, she did it again–changed her hair, that is. At the recent Teen Choice Awards, pop star/chameleon Britney Spears showed off newly golden locks. How’d she get that look?Â Joico Celebrity Stylist George Papanikolas usedÂ the brand’sÂ Vero
Lâ€™OrÃ©al Professionnel has announced its first annual Powerdose for Charity event on Saturday, September 19th, 2009 in Lâ€™OrÃ©al Professionnel salons nationwide. The fundraiser will benefit the Fashion Delivers Charitable Foundation,
Aligning your salon or brand with a charity not only benefits the charity, but also benefits salons and stylists in many ways. Salons can host fundraising events for clients and encourage them to bring a friend to help increase new business or invest
At the Los Angeles premiere of Inglourious Basterds on August 10, Angelina Jolie sported long, naturally tousled tresses courtesy of celebrity hairdresser David Babaii. To get the look, David applied David Babaii for WildAid Hair Polish to her en
Lead Pureology Artists including Wendy Belanger (stylist for American Salonâ€™s June cover) and Mary Catherine Hecht sharpened their editorial styling skills at Tearsheetâ€™s Session Styling Course in New York City this past weekend, August
Manhattan’s new Mizu Salon joined with Saks Fifth Avenue other top NYC salons for a fall fashion shoot yesterday. The images and video from the shoot, which took place at the Chelsea Hotel, will be distributed across the country for print, digital an
Follow @AmericanSalon on Twitter
- Ouidad Names Scott Hauser VP of Sales & Education June 18, 2013
- Charlie Le Mindu African Remix Collection June 18, 2013
- Mirabella Beauty Launches into Gene Juarez Salons and Spas June 18, 2013
- NYC Makeover Event Features New José Eber Styling Tools June 17, 2013
- Get the Look: Summer’s Hottest Hair Trends From Macadamia Natural Oil Global Artist Nathan Cheli June 13, 2013
- Jazz: Nicole you are Amazing!...
- Geoffrey Williams: Hi I know I'm kind of late, but congradulations t...
- The Shop: These mannequins are much better than the standard...
- Kristina Bianca: This is going to be great!!! Nicole has been inspi...
- Jennifer Cross: After 20 years in the industry, and having attende...