On Sept. 10, the first day of New York Fashion Week, Aveda joined with Vogue and New York City shoppers to celebrate the first-ever Fashionâ€™s Night Out at two of its Manhattan locations. Fashionâ€™s Night Out is a global initiative to promote retail, restore consumer confidence, and celebrate fashion. Hundreds of retailers across New Yorkâ€™s [...]
Monique Lhuillier’s spring ’09 collection was presented at Christie’s, an apt location for the glamorous designs, which were inspired by Maasai warriors. Backstage, Laurent Philippon for Bumble and bumble was styling the models’ hair into crimped
Here in Manhattan, we’re in the middle of spring ’10 Mercedes-Benz Fashion Week. I kicked off the week with a visit backstage at BCBG Max Azria, in the tents at Bryant Park. The lead stylist, Bob Recine for Phyto, was busy backstage tending to t
The holidays are always a hectic time of the year. Help ease the stress of holiday shopping by offering the following Pureology Holiday Gift Sets: The Holiday NanoWorks Hostess Gift includes travel-sized versions of the NanoWorks Shampoo and N
The Emmys are around the corner and celebrity stylist Kim Vo will be covering the latest beauty and style trends for TV Guide on September 20. Here are some of his predictions for the red carpet on Emmy night: â€¢ This year we are going to see
When I recently visited Eva Scrivo’s eponymous salon in Manhattan to try out the new Wella Professionals Color Touch demipermanent haircolor, Eva took a look at my brunette shade and said, “I’m thinking…red.” Normally I might feel a bit cautious ab
Former Dallas Cowboy and Sport Clips Board Member Jay Novacek and Jan and Mark Mansfield, Sport Clips area developers for North and West Texas, teamed up with Dallas- and Fort Worth-area Sport Clips stylists at the recent Cowboys Stadium Silver and B
Although I wrote about Rick Wellman’s unique Bio-Lights coloring technique at the Patrick Melville Salon in New York City in our April issue, it’s taken me a few too many months to get into the salon and try it for myself. Well, after I saw the resul
Alabama-based Rusk designer Kevin Kirk was recently named co-champion of the Bronner Bros. International Hair Show’s Hair Battle Royale at the Georgia World Congress Center in Atlanta. Kirk, who has been with Rusk since 2007, was also awarded $20
The Beauty Bus Foundation (BBF), a nonprofit organization dedicated to enhancing the quality of life for homebound, terminally and chronically ill people by bringing beauty into their lives through complimentary treatments and grooming services,
Follow @AmericanSalon on Twitter
- Donate to PBA’s Issue Advocacy Fund For A Chance To Win A Samsung Galaxy Note! June 19, 2013
- Ouidad Names Scott Hauser VP of Sales & Education June 18, 2013
- Charlie Le Mindu African Remix Collection June 18, 2013
- Mirabella Beauty Launches into Gene Juarez Salons and Spas June 18, 2013
- NYC Makeover Event Features New José Eber Styling Tools June 17, 2013
- Jazz: Nicole you are Amazing!...
- Geoffrey Williams: Hi I know I'm kind of late, but congradulations t...
- The Shop: These mannequins are much better than the standard...
- Kristina Bianca: This is going to be great!!! Nicole has been inspi...
- Jennifer Cross: After 20 years in the industry, and having attende...