Planet Hair in Wichita, KS, hosted its 16th annual ArtAID event in October. More than 15,000 people attended the event, which featured a live and silent auction of artwork donated by local artists and collectors, a fashion show featuring fashion from local businesses and hair and makeup by Planet Hair, and various other performances. The [...]
Attention Junior Stylists: Think you have what it takes to create a winning bridal look? Junior Style Stars is holding their 2010 annual hair competition and all cosmetology students are encouraged to enter. Students must register and pay the fee
Ivan Zoot a.k.a. the Clipper Guy is the director of education and training for Andis and holds the Guinness Book of World Record titles for the worldâ€™s fastest haircut, most haircuts in one hour and most haircuts in 24 hours. He recently poste
The Beauty Bus Foundation (BBF), a nonprofit organization dedicated to enhancing the quality of life for homebound, terminally, or chronically ill people and their primary caregivers, was recognized by the Commission on Disabilities for its work and
It seems like these days there is a strategy available for everything; economic stimulus, winning football games or growing your business. It is good to have a strategy; a plan that serves you in achieving what it is you want. There are many thing
TIGI Inspirational Youth, a team that receives training and mentoring on hairdressing techniques, presentation skills and trends from senior members of TIGI’s International Creative Team, recently rocked the house when they appeared on-stage at S
CND is conducting anÂ on-line Nail Style Competition, where the lucky winner will receive an all-expense paid trip to NYC Fall Fashion Week in February 2010, meet with company Co-Founder Jan Arnold and shadow CND certified nail pros working backst
PureologyÂ and its website, pureology.com, recently won Gold at the International Academy of Visual Artâ€™s (IAVA) annual W3 Awards in the beauty and cosmetics category. TheÂ W3 Awards honor websites, web video and online marketing program
In a way, my trips to London to attend Salon International have made me what I am today. So it’s a big deal for me to say that next year I’ll be going to Hair Expo instead. As I did last month, I’ve been attending off and on since the very fir
In a way, my trips to London to attend Salon International have made me what I am today. So itâ€™s a big deal for me to say that next year Iâ€™ll be going to Hair Expo instead. As I did last month, Iâ€™ve been attending off and on s
Follow @AmericanSalon on Twitter
- Oribe’s La Fama in Miami; June 9-10 May 23, 2013
- Halo Salon & Day Spa’s Hair Show to Benefit HartSong Ranch Animal Sanctuary May 23, 2013
- Help Beauty Pros Recover from Tornadoes with PBA Disaster Relief Fund Donations May 21, 2013
- Join the Movement to Educate Clients, Protect Licensing May 16, 2013
- Get the Look: Red Carpet Punk for Met Gala May 14, 2013
- Jazz: Nicole you are Amazing!...
- Geoffrey Williams: Hi I know I'm kind of late, but congradulations t...
- The Shop: These mannequins are much better than the standard...
- Kristina Bianca: This is going to be great!!! Nicole has been inspi...
- Jennifer Cross: After 20 years in the industry, and having attende...